Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
My son's Ipad 2 screen went green yesterday for like 15 minutes, then it went black again. Is this an early sign of failure? It has apple care for like 1 more month and wonder if should ask for warranty service, the problem they may not take it since cannot show them the issue right now.

Any clues?

Thanks

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Call in and get it documented. Never hurts to see what they will do.

If it were me, and that happened, Apple and I would be on the phone in the next minute. :D

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
That is what starting happening to my iPad 1. Then I started getting lines in the middle of working with apps and then it started shutting down. I was way past my warranty so I try restoring as new several times and nothing worked. It just got worse. So right now I would have someone look at it before things get worse.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
My son's Ipad 2 screen went green yesterday for like 15 minutes, then it went black again. Is this an early sign of failure? It has apple care for like 1 more month and wonder if should ask for warranty service, the problem they may not take it since cannot show them the issue right now.

Any clues?

Thanks

Back it up, take it in. If there's a chance they can find an indicator worth swapping it you don't want to wait until you are out of warranty and have to pay

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Did a chat with Apple service yesterday, will send it to them under warranty for repair / replacement, better safe that sorry!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.