Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:41 PM   #1
moesess
macrumors newbie

Best NLE for Diskdoubler system

I have a new 15 inch MBP, i have removed my disk drive and placed a SSD inside. i want to use my SSD as my boot drive and my hard drive that came with my CPU as my storage drive. I use FCPX and cannot figure out how to get my files to save to the Storage drive, even with the master files residing there. Can Adobe Premire or FCP7 do this? it seems that FCPX only will save things to the boot drive or to a external drive? thanks in advance for the help. i have been looking for a good solution for weeks
moesess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Thuc5dides
macrumors newbie

Both FCP7 and PPro allow user management of files. I can't offer a solution for X as i dont use it but have heard this is a problem.
Thuc5dides is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3
moesess
macrumors newbie

thanks, im new to editing and learned on FCPX sadly, which would u recommend FCP7 or PP? i know PP is still being updated while FCP7 is not
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:17 AM   #4
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

What HDD did your MBP ship with? You want the drive that stores your footage, render files, etc., to be fast so I wouldn't suggest using your MBP's drive as an external if it is only a 5400 RPM drive.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:17 AM   #5
moesess
macrumors newbie

It is the stock 1. It's technically not a external since its still inside the CPU case. I do eventually plan on upgrading it. any thoughts on fcp7 vs pp cs6?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video