Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
Taken from Apple website.
...Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than an hour, and it enters what’s called standby mode. That means you can come back to MacBook Air a day, a week — even up to an entire month — later, and it wakes in an instant. Time is on your side, courtesy of MacBook Air.

Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours. I'm running OSX 10.8.2 and my MBA is not even a week old. Now I've searched online and the general consensus is that its the power nap feature, but I've set that up only if its plugged in...

Anyone have a clue? It's annoying when this is one of the main features that make up the Air and it doesn't even work.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours. I'm running OSX 10.8.2 and my MBA is not even a week old. Now I've searched online and the general consensus is that its the power nap feature, but I've set that up only if its plugged in...

Anyone have a clue? It's annoying when this is one of the main features that make up the Air and it doesn't even work.

Follow the recent thread about instant-on, deep-sleep vs shallow sleep may help.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Have you tried logoff first, then let it sleep? Does it still drain?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Follow the recent thread about instant-on, deep-sleep vs shallow sleep may help.

This was thought to be an Imac issue ( the new ones) but preventing hiberantion may help you out here...Remember to change the settings back if you are migrating.

My new Imac 3TB fusion had the same issue...wonder if it's crept into the laptops too? My MBA has no such issues though:

More info in this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16775163#post16775163

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Do some of you guys exprience otherwise? For me battery drains at least 20% if I put it to sleep for 6+ hours.
Does it feel warm to the touch after that? It sounds like something is waking it up- you may want to check in the Console for wake events to see how often it's waking up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.