Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hi,

does anyone know how I can remove the exchange account from my phone (leaving this job) but keep my contacts?

thank for any tips

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Export exchange contacts to an Excel CSV file.

Import the file into gmail calendar.

Export the gmail file as a vCard format.

Import the vCard file into iCloud.

BJ

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Every so often shortly after someone leaves - our department gets hit with a barrage of unsolicited calls and emails from headhunters and contract companies. Pls don't be planning that.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
Every so often shortly after someone leaves - our department gets hit with a barrage of unsolicited calls and emails from headhunters and contract companies. Pls don't be planning that.

I'm not planning anything like that. It's just that I discovered that if I remove exchange from my phone, it deletes all my contacts because they are sync'd with exchange.

and the reason you are likely to get a barrage of calls like that is that on peoples CV's they put who they currently work for. These CVs are then uploaded to a jobsite etc, where recruiters can see them. They put 2 & 2 together...if you are leaving company A, then I should ring company A and find out what services they need to replace you....simples

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Actually I don't think that's the reason but won't take your thread off topic. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.