Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdubbeet

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I inadvertently copied over from HP laptop. Switched from Windoze 7 to Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion in September on an early 2009 MBP 15". Upgraded RAM from 4 to 8GB and upgraded HD from 500GB to 1TB. I moved only what I thought to be the necessary documents, photos, videos, etc from former HP laptop to MBP and must have done something incorrectly as I only have just shy of 100GB available after I partitioned 250GB for iMovie and iPhoto! I've downloaded and run Twins mini under the suggestion of someone else and cleared many files however, there are files left which I'm unable to delete that are in the following type of directory: /users/shared/Files From c.localized/C/Users/User/xxx/D Drive 072607/D Drive 030906/Digital Photographs - there are at least 60GB of data in directories similar to above
with the error: Twins Mini was unable to permanently delete some files. Please check their permission for succesful removal. The files are left in your selection list. I should have permission as I am the only user and have been the only user. Are they 'stuck' in a windows part of the drive that might have accidentally been moved over from HP laptop? How may I get to that area of the MBP HD to delete those files manually or is there a permissions area I need to access or is there another program I should use to do the above cleaning? I very much appreciate your input! Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.