Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Ferc Kast
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Ferc Kast
Sync Now button is missing?

I finally consolidated from having both an iPad 2 and iPod touch 4th gen to now having an iPad mini. I was able to sync all my apps and music to it via the new Lightning to USB connector.

However, I'm getting trouble with setting up the WiFi sync between my Win 8 laptop and my new iPad mini. I have tried restoring my mini twice, and uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes 11. Still no luck to get it working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361285532.658096.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	398043

Any ideas on how to get it working? (Previously, my iTunes did it perfectly with my former iPod touch and iPad 2.)
Ferc Kast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:11 PM   #2
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast View Post
I finally consolidated from having both an iPad 2 and iPod touch 4th gen to now having an iPad mini. I was able to sync all my apps and music to it via the new Lightning to USB connector.

However, I'm getting trouble with setting up the WiFi sync between my Win 8 laptop and my new iPad mini. I have tried restoring my mini twice, and uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes 11. Still no luck to get it working.

Attachment 398043

Any ideas on how to get it working? (Previously, my iTunes did it perfectly with my former iPod touch and iPad 2.)
I think you have to select Allow Wifi Syncing in iTunes first, apply that, then the button on the iPad will show up.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Ferc Kast
macrumors member

That was the first thing that I tried before anything else.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
That was the first thing that I tried before anything else.
Was the iPad connected via USB when you did that?

Otherwise, I'm stumped.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Ferc Kast
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
Was the iPad connected via USB when you did that?

Otherwise, I'm stumped.
Of course it was connected via USB because I obviously cannot get the sync now button to appear on said iPad mini. In fact, I just restored it to the new iOS 6.1.2 release along with updating my iTunes to the new version also released today. Still no button in the WiFi sync settings on it. Even if it was grayed out, it'd be better than saying the setting wasn't registered when I did apply the setting exactly like I did with my former iPad 2 and former iPod touch 4th gen.
Ferc Kast is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Tat1123
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Of course it was connected via USB because I obviously cannot get the sync now button to appear on said iPad mini. In fact, I just restored it to the new iOS 6.1.2 release along with updating my iTunes to the new version also released today. Still no button in the WiFi sync settings on it. Even if it was grayed out, it'd be better than saying the setting wasn't registered when I did apply the setting exactly like I did with my former iPad 2 and former iPod touch 4th gen.
Wondering if you ever got your issue resolved AS I am aging a Very similar issue. New IPad mini will sync wifi to iTunes on MB Pro but I still do not have a button on the mini in settings/general/sync to iTunes. Just have the statement directing back to iTunes summary area after plugging in to USB and checking sync box. Obviously, this has been done since it syncs without cable over wifi. How do I sync with mini from a remote spot without a button, you ask?
Tat1123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 12:18 AM   #7
LizzieBennet
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat1123 View Post
Wondering if you ever got your issue resolved AS I am aging a Very similar issue. New IPad mini will sync wifi to iTunes on MB Pro but I still do not have a button on the mini in settings/general/sync to iTunes. Just have the statement directing back to iTunes summary area after plugging in to USB and checking sync box. Obviously, this has been done since it syncs without cable over wifi. How do I sync with mini from a remote spot without a button, you ask?
Try tippy-toes. That is what I do, standing back from my desk and reaching forward on tippy-toes to hit the "sync" button on iTunes. I have not discovered a cure. Have you?
LizzieBennet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Ferc Kast
macrumors member

I did get this fixed a few days after I made this thread. I followed the advice in this post from Apple's Discussion Forum.

Specially, what got mine working was the last part of the post:
Quote:
"Finally (please try this first), on the iPad (iPad still connected to iTunes via USB) in Settings > Wi-Fi > (the network name), I selected "Renew Lease", then turned Wi-Fi off, waited a moment, and turned it on again. Once I did this, the message in Settings > General > iTunes Wi-Fi Sync offered the Sync Now option. I unplugged the USB cable and it continues to display correctly. I consider this fixed, insofar as this message persists."

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad