Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361307826.191061.jpg
I am stuck here and idk Y.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

pnyc

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Is your phone jailbroken? What you're seeing is most likely the result of OTA update being blocked by the jailbreak.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Pod2g via Facebook,
52 minutes ago

Great news! iOS 6.1.2 can be jailbroken untethered. According to planetbeing tweets evasi0n is working fine on iphone 5 and ipad mini on iOS 6.1.2! they will be testing it out on other devices soon. An update will be available for evasi0n to jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 soon.
And people who are not able to see OTA update of iOS 6.1.2 thats because evasi0n jailbreak has blocked the OTA updates so that user won't be able to apply the update accidentally which would set the device on reboot loop. So people with jailbroken iDevices won't be able to update their device through OTA they need to do it through iTunes. We will update you when evad3rs would update their evasi0n jailbreak tool for iOS 6.1.2 :)
~IM

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
Experiencing the same thing. On 5.1, I was able to check the version on this screen.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Experiencing the same thing. On 5.1, I was able to check the version on this screen.

with the update to evasi0n 1.2, the OTA update will not show up. You would have to check if there's a later version via connecting it to iTunes

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
I know, i just wanted to check to see if their is an update available.

:confused:

If you knew, then why are you asking? The OTA page has been disabled to even bring up the option of an update. You'll know immediately when an update is available when it's posted. It's already been confirmed however that 6.1.3 breaks your jailbreak anyways, so you'll want to stay away from updating. I'm getting the vibe that you'd "accidentally" update to the latest FW and lose your jailbreak.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
:confused:

If you knew, then why are you asking? The OTA page has been disabled to even bring up the option of an update. You'll know immediately when an update is available when it's posted. It's already been confirmed however that 6.1.3 breaks your jailbreak anyways, so you'll want to stay away from updating. I'm getting the vibe that you'd "accidentally" update to the latest FW and lose your jailbreak.

Im not stupid i just wanted to see if their was an update. Its not a big deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.