Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:06 AM   #101
c-Row
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to c-Row
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolyPolyBird View Post
I want a Label input
This, and tag support like iPhoto has. Also, Composer View would make much more sense if iTunes would recognize or allow the input of separate names for composers rather than just one single string of all composers involved.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:32 AM   #102
tekno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Asa View Post
Because it's the only (legit) way to transfer media from a computer to an iPod/iPhone/iPad.
Oh, okay. I didn't realise that was still the case (I thought they were all now 'PC free').

Then I'm even more surprised that iTunes is so bad if its the only interface between their computers and their top selling products. I thought iTunes used to be quite good, shame it's gone so downhill.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
You know what would be great now? Mac OS X 10.8.3 update, it is not asking for much.
Why? Are there big problems with 10.8.2?
tekno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:55 AM   #103
Killa Aaron
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
Can't say I've really noticed a difference. The default artwork has changed though:

I thought i was crazy, i knew they changed it but its kinda ugly.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:15 AM   #104
EwanMcTeagle
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Yeah, automatic consolidation when it's mounted would be an excellent idea. The thing is most Apple laptops now have teeny tiny SSD drives, but peoples media collections are only getting bigger. It would be nice if iTunes could cater a bit more to those who need to use an external.

I use my Time Capsule as external storage, which is probably why I'm always forgetting to quit iTunes before leaving my house. I have to manually consolidate my library several times a week because of this. Maybe I should just use a physical external HD. Would make it easier to remember.
I also have my music library on TC and haven't had problems with the iTunes Library. I have the TC set to mount at start up - maybe that's the trick?
Anyways, maybe that'll help you.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:33 AM   #105
lamerica80
macrumors 6502

The best update they could give Itunes is to delete it and let people put stuff on their iphones through a finder-like interface.

Itunes is a bag of hurt. Ive hated it since day one.
lamerica80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:48 AM   #106
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
I wonder if this one will let me use Airplay again.

Downloading now
Not for me - my Apple TV still sometimes is missing or greyed out
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:53 AM   #107
donniedarko
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerica80 View Post
The best update they could give Itunes is to delete it and let people put stuff on their iphones through a finder-like interface.

Itunes is a bag of hurt. Ive hated it since day one.
I will be on all Google software devices soon, or on Windows. iTunes in its latest iteration is disgusting. Their total iOS'ing of the OS is bumming me out super hard. iTunes Match is also worthless. Changed my catalog, artwork and genres. Wrong titles on artwork etc... What happened? I been a Apple user since 94'

Dear Apple,
Please no watches, no tvs, just do what you do good software and ok hardware, make it clean and intuitive... and please make iCloud work :facepalm
with love
Donnie D
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:56 AM   #108
SeaFox
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
I'm guessing Apple wishes people would just use one Apple ID.

How is guessing required? Apple has been consolidating the logins for the support forums, Apple Store, iTunes Store etc for years now. They've said straight out "we want you to have all your activities with us under one ID."
SeaFox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:00 AM   #109
Mike MA
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzle22 View Post
Yes! Until I scroll all the way through all 4600 albums and let the artwork load then its fine. It is annoying that I have to do this now every time I restart iTunes to get the scrolling to run smoother.
It has always been like this and this is something I don't actually get - Apple TV or iPhone/iPad do manage to have the artwork available from the very first second. Given the limited recsources of iOS compared to OS X hardware this is not quite understadable.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:01 AM   #110
SeaFox
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian90 View Post
but i wanna use that feature. i'd always have to tick/untick that. i just want a setting that it puts my movies and tv shows to another location than my music.
The closest you can do is the "Organize Library..." choice and there's a checkbox that will sort the different media types into separate folders. So music is in one, and movies in another, etc. But they all live in the library folder, so you can't split them between drives.
SeaFox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:27 AM   #111
gbredneck
macrumors member

All i really want

is to be able to open my playlist in a new window.

Please apple!!!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:17 AM   #112
ptram
macrumors newbie

Composer's View! Holy Grail, at Apple they have finally discovered that there are other musical genres, apart for Country and Western!
ptram is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:20 AM   #113
JustMartin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmacgoose View Post
Thank god, finally a Composers view. As a classical musician, when I search for music, I tend to search by composer and not so much artists. And since so many titles are similar, it's hard to search by song (ha, like I remember any opus numbers).
It doesn't help if you have a bunch of stuff in different genres and different requirements for each genre. Like you, if I want to listen to classical, I tend to search by composer. But, if it's other genres such as folk or rock, then I'll go by artist or album. That doesn't work easily here. Guess, what I want is to have genres in the sidebar.
JustMartin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:26 AM   #114
tkermit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMartin View Post
It doesn't help if you have a bunch of stuff in different genres and different requirements for each genre. Like you, if I want to listen to classical, I tend to search by composer. But, if it's other genres such as folk or rock, then I'll go by artist or album. That doesn't work easily here. Guess, what I want is to have genres in the sidebar.
Not sure I see the issue. You can put (e.g.) "Classical" in the search box and press Enter to filter by genre in the new Composer view. Alternatively, and this is how I've been using iTunes 11, you can either create a classical playlist with column browser columns composers/groupings/artists, or create smart playlists for your favorite classical composers and set them to show the artist list or album view.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:45 AM   #115
jayducharme
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.
Welcome to the Hotel Cupertino.
jayducharme is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:46 AM   #116
Aluminum213
macrumors 65816

How do you access composers view?
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:48 AM   #117
lmddawson
macrumors member

Seems they've disabled the ability to drag and drop new songs into your library. What's the point
lmddawson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:58 AM   #118
eatapc
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFox View Post
How is guessing required? Apple has been consolidating the logins for the support forums, Apple Store, iTunes Store etc for years now. They've said straight out "we want you to have all your activities with us under one ID."
Apple will not let me consolidate my two accounts (one created accidentally). I've begged. Phone support, e-mail support, the Genius Bar -- all said it was impossible.
eatapc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:14 AM   #119
izzle22
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike MA View Post
It has always been like this and this is something I don't actually get - Apple TV or iPhone/iPad do manage to have the artwork available from the very first second. Given the limited recsources of iOS compared to OS X hardware this is not quite understadable.
It has never been like this for me and I've been on iTunes since day 1. It has been like this as far as loading artwork on my iPad and Apple TV. Exactly the opposite of what you say. i can understand my iPad mini having a problem loading artwork (in remote app) for 4600 albums but a macbook pro with 8gb of ram should not all of the sudden after an update have problems rendering artwork on iTunes.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:40 AM   #120
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriX View Post
Sorry to be that guy, but:

Minor update to iTunes... front page news? This seems like the perfect thing to put on Page 2 or Mac Blog or whatever.
Any update to the dog that is iTunes 11 is welcome IMHO. This thing has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese so I doubt this update will address even a minor proportion of the problems but it's better than nothing. I just hope to god someone somewhere in Apple is working night and day on an iTunes 12 that fixes all the problems.
Shaun, UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:22 AM   #121
SilentLoner
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Any update to the dog that is iTunes 11 is welcome IMHO. This thing has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese so I doubt this update will address even a minor proportion of the problems but it's better than nothing. I just hope to god someone somewhere in Apple is working night and day on an iTunes 12 that fixes all the problems.
What holes are they?
SilentLoner is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:29 AM   #122
redshield3
macrumors newbie

This is still my #1 problem. 27" iMac
redshield3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 AM   #123
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

does it fix the TV shows cover art issue? where it showed Season 1 cover art for all seasons?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:59 AM   #124
wgnoyes
macrumors regular

I STILL want album covers displayed larger than a postage stamp. Clearly it's set up for a Macbook-sized screen, but they get completely lost on a 27" imac.
wgnoyes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:03 AM   #125
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgnoyes View Post
I STILL want album covers displayed larger than a postage stamp. Clearly it's set up for a Macbook-sized screen, but they get completely lost on a 27" imac.

ya maybe a slider to change the size, obviously if it was set up for 27" iMacs everyone else would complain

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion