Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Just when you thought you had the best screen protector or case, Spigen comes out with something better. When will I reach the bottom of this money pit?! :confused:

milesjohnson

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
do you guys enjoy the spigen glast.r? I am trying to decide if I want to purchase one or not yet; I just know if anything goes wrong with it (air bubbles, etc) I will take it off and then I just waisted 30+ bucks on a screen protector. I am usually pretty accurate when putting on screen protectors. I have a crappy invisible shield on right now & am probably going to just rock my iphone 5 naked or replace it with a glass screenshield

how does spigen compare to the competition such as MIME, iloome, bodyguardz etc. bodyguardz is a little out of my price range though

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
Thats great...

That has been the only gripe of the Glas series from Spigen. I have one on my iPhone and my Sons iPhone. And, I am waiting on one more for my wife's iphone as well.

So glad...

But, I will buy one, or two, or three...

Thanks Spigen!

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I've had the TR for a month and it's cool. After a while the edges of the glass tend to get air but doesn't really bother me now. Can't really notice it unless you really look. I like how smooth it feels when you swipe and touch the screen. It is smoother than the naked OEM glass.

maatae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
this may actually interest me now, nice find. But knowing how spigen works they are going to release this slim glast, and then a month later release a slim glastr.

would you need a tR slim though? isn't .26mm about the thickness of a regular screen protector? would you still worry about chipping at that thickness?

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong here but, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a thicker glass screen protector seeing how it is after all supposed to be a screen protector right?

I see that it is not a TR model. Man I tell you, why do companies insist on manipulating their customers?

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
"35% more slim and light". They need to work on their advertising. So what they are saying is 35% more of less. :D

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Correct me if I am wrong here but, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a thicker glass screen protector seeing how it is after all supposed to be a screen protector right?

I see that it is not a TR model. Man I tell you, why do companies insist on manipulating their customers?

This product is directed towards people who don't want a thick glass screen protector but still want glass. I would fall under this demographic. Some people don't need protection (i.e. people who like bumpers) but still want to feel glass instead of plastic and also protect their screens from scratches.

Also, a tR slim version may not be necessary, since it's thinner than the regular t's and tR's.

dortega479

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
I think this slim glass could work for some people, im just looking for some screen protector for mi iphone 5, cause im going to remove the build in screen protector of my otterbox defender, and i really like the glass tr, but im not sure if it is going to fit on mi defender... maybe this slim glass will work better for me

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
This product is directed towards people who don't want a thick glass screen protector but still want glass. I would fall under this demographic. Some people don't need protection (i.e. people who like bumpers) but still want to feel glass instead of plastic and also protect their screens from scratches.

Also, a tR slim version may not be necessary, since it's thinner than the regular t's and tR's.

Bingo. I just *won* a 7.77 discount code from SPIGEN so I think I'll save it for this puppy.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
GLAS.tR Slim is coming soon, according to a comment they posted on facebook:

Spigen SGP: The GLAS.tR SLIM will arrive soon! It is not as slim as the GLAS.t SLIM but it will have the rounded edges! Check http://www.spigen.com for details!

Weird that it is not as slim. I foresee them doing away with the regular t's and tR's like they did with the neo hybrid bumpers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.