Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwimmingPool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
I got my black iPhone 5 on September 21st 2012. Early this month I have been having problems with with the sim card being read.

I got the phone replaced with express replacment and still had the same problem.

Apple support escalated the issue to somebody at Apple HQ. And I got a call a few days later.

Turns out I needed to get a whole new iPhone. While she was setting up the order she asked if I wanted to change the color of the phone, I said yes and she did.

With this replacment I am getting a new iPhone, not a refurbished one, I get all new cables and everything. Then I need to ship my broken black iPhone back.

Should I ask for more in compensation? I was without an iPhone for 5 days and was on tech support with Apple for over 7 hours before someone that knew what they were doing could help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DyslexicKobe

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
I got my black iPhone 5 on September 21st 2012. Early this month I have been having problems with with the sim card being read.

I got the phone replaced with express replacment and still had the same problem.

Apple support escalated the issue to somebody at Apple HQ. And I got a call a few days later.

Turns out I needed to get a whole new iPhone. While she was setting up the order she asked if I wanted to change the color of the phone, I said yes and she did.

With this replacment I am getting a new iPhone, not a refurbished one, I get all new cables and everything. Then I need to ship my broken black iPhone back.

Should I ask for more in compensation? I was without an iPhone for 5 days and was on tech support with Apple for over 7 hours before someone that knew what they were doing could help me.

Sorry to hear about the situation you had to go through. As far as asking for more compensation, I dont see how much more they could give you. Realistically, If you were dealing with any other company do you think they'd give you the option of changing the color of the phone or even give you a new phone?

Im glad you're getting your phone replaced, but have to stay positive!

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
I was in a similar situation. I didn't ask for anything else personally. Just for the problem to be resolved to my satisfaction. And they did. So all is well. I thought about asking for free AppleCare+, but didn't. I paid for it.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

No getting a brand new iphone should be enough. I mean it's not like it is their fault you got a dud out of the millions they sell. If they said no you have to get a refurb I could see being a little upset but for what they are doing for you I think is plenty.

SwimmingPool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
No getting a brand new iphone should be enough. I mean it's not like it is their fault you got a dud out of the millions they sell. If they said no you have to get a refurb I could see being a little upset but for what they are doing for you I think is plenty.

It is there fault. The phone was not a dud. One of the past iPhone 5's that I got replace under Applecare, they forgot to give it a new serial number. Sold it to some guy out of the US and it locked my iPhone to a non US carrier. I was without an iPhone because someone at Apple forgot to do there job.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

Sorry but it's people like you that give the human race a bad name. Why do you think you deserve anything else? You got hour phone replaced, stop being a freaking mooch expecting more.
It is there fault. The phone was not a dud. One of the past iPhone 5's that I got replace under Applecare, they forgot to give it a new serial number. Sold it to some guy out of the US and it locked my iPhone to a non US carrier. I was without an iPhone because someone at Apple forgot to do there job.
and? For this you feel you should be compensated more? LoL..... I feel bad for you.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013

So someone screwed up and you expect to be compensated later on? Gotta love the "entitled generation" like the other poster said people like you are the reason the world is how it is....

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
No. I think what they are doing is perfectly great. Just enjoy your new phone.

----------

Don't people make mistakes? Are you a unique example of a human who has never made a mistake?

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Sorry but it's people like you that give the human race a bad name. Why do you think you deserve anything else? You got hour phone replaced, stop being a freaking mooch expecting more.

and? For this you feel you should be compensated more? LoL..... I feel bad for you.

Don't take it personally, bro.

----------

Will you send me $1 for having read this thread?

Hahaha classic!

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Ridiculous sense of entitlement. Like someone said above no other company would even give you a brand new phone and especially not with the color of your choice. It would be refurbished at best and you would likely have been charge some type of processing fee as well.

Be happy you got the brand new phone. That's already enough.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Ridiculous sense of entitlement. Like someone said above no other company would even give you a brand new phone and especially not with the color of your choice. It would be refurbished at best and you would likely have been charge some type of processing fee as well.

Be happy you got the brand new phone. That's already enough.

If he gets a brand new phone, that is.

S

syd430

and was on tech support with Apple for over 7 hours before someone that knew what they were doing could help me.

It took 7 hours on the phone to "find someone that knew what they were doing"?

I highly doubt this actually happened.

Either you've greatly exaggerated parts of your story to receive more sympathy here, or the case wasn't as clear cut as you make it out be.

Last edited by a moderator:

imeth

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
smh not only you want something more than a brand new phone... you are getting a girly whitey iphoney.. sad now people going to think you are 3 letter word that starts with a G..

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010

Did you really just say it is not the sellers fault for selling a product that's a dud to the customer?

Uhhhhh....speechless here.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011

I hate this compensation culture we live in. Everyone thinks they are entitled to get everything for nothing just relax you have been given a new iphone and a different color one now be happy and enjoy it.

SwimmingPool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
I was simply asking if you guys thought I should get more in compensation for my iPhone issue. I never said I wasn't happy with my new iPhone and the color swap. :) I won't be asking for anymore.

Thanks anyway guys.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.