Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dryror

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Hi,

I have a 2011 11" air that as of today, will not turn on.

I think I have the issue down to either the battery or the logic board.

Here is what is going on:
- Air will not turn on at all, no fan noise, no signs of life at all

- Plug the charger in, light goes green and stays green. (have tested both my charger and the charger from a TB display with the same result)

- Tried the smc reset, no difference

- Pulled the back cover off, disconnected the battery, and plugged back in. No difference

- With the battery disconnected, I tried connecting the power cable again, light still stays green. This makes me thing its the logic board, but I'm not too sure.

- I am out of my warranty period, so trying to diagnose myself to keep costs less expensive

Anybody experience an issue similar to this. It was fine and working yesterday, and it was not dropped or left plugged in or anything. Very odd and very disappointing.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

halledise

macrumors 68000
I think you're finding out the expensive way that there is no substitute for extended AppleCare before your Mac reaches 12 months old.

seem to me you have no option but to go cap in hand to an Authorised Repairer and bite the bullet.

they'll probably give you a total repair quote for $50, so then you can decide whether to have it repaired or whether it'd be more cost effective to flog it off for parts and but a refurb (http://www.refurb.me/us/) or go new. :D

good rrrruck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.