Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
So last night, I noticed that the ESC key was partially popped out out of place on my 2011 MBA. I tried to push it back in but no go. I made a Genius appointment for this weekend to have the Apple Store look at it. Will they be able to repair it on the spot? The key still functions and the MBA is still under warranty.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
So last night, I noticed that the ESC key was partially popped out out of place on my 2011 MBA. I tried to push it back in but no go. I made a Genius appointment for this weekend to have the Apple Store look at it. Will they be able to repair it on the spot? The key still functions and the MBA is still under warranty.

Yes, it should be an easy enough job for a genius to do...I saw an Apple in store engineer replace a key in front of a customer a while back...Took all of 2 mins.:)

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Good to know :) Although it kinda sucks knowing I have to drive over an hour to have something done that takes less time then to boil an egg. :D

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I don't suppose they would mail you the replacement key if you phoned them? Assuming its the key, not the bit underneath the key fits into.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
I had a tab key replaced on my 13" MBP. It was out of the 1 year warranty and I had no AppleCare, but they did it free of charge. Pretty cool, not that it would have been expensive to replace one key, but it was good customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.