Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Problems with Apple weather app

Is anyone else having issues with the weather app being way behind updating the weather. The weather channel app tells me the temp is 47 while the weather app says 37. Don't understand. Does the weather app not update often enough?
bmac4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:08 AM   #2
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

For me there is a 3 degree difference between the Apple weather app and The Weather Channel app.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:38 AM   #3
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
For me there is a 3 degree difference between the Apple weather app and The Weather Channel app.
Oh wow not much. I am seeing like 10 degrees
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Browns2212
macrumors regular

I use a local weather app called "StormTrack Weather" which I think is really good. But, I also have the Weather Channel app and the Apple App.

Just looked at all 3.

StormTrack Weather = 21 degrees (F)
Apple = 19 degrees (F)
Weather Channel = 20 degrees (F)

So, all are fairly close.
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:07 AM   #5
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the weather app being way behind updating the weather. The weather channel app tells me the temp is 47 while the weather app says 37. Don't understand. Does the weather app not update often enough?
Ya I have that same problem here in California. There's always at least a 8-10 degree difference and sometimes more. Using google voice search, apple weather and weather channel app.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:10 AM   #6
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
Ya I have that same problem here in California. There's always at least a 8-10 degree difference and sometimes more. Using google voice search, apple weather and weather channel app.
Yea it seems to me the app does not really update as often as it appears. I don't know, but I JB my iphone and I have the weather app as a widget and it just does not seem to be that accurate
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:31 PM   #7
JAT
macrumors 603

I hate the weather app. It has barely any city choices, often switches my city to one 500 miles and 3 states away, is usually at least an hour behind on conditions, and really doesn't have all that much info in the first place.

I switched to the wunderground web app long ago, and they now have a standard app I like. But unfortunately, all the widgets use Apple's weather. The current widget setup I'm toying with doesn't update properly, either. Not even when I manually hit the Update button. Everything else that is data works, it's not like I'm disconnected from LTE. I really wish Apple would allow widget use in Notifications.

In fact, I think it is giving me Minneapolis, Kansas again in this widget. Claims 28 deg, and we haven't broken 10 since Monday in MN.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:39 PM   #8
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
I hate the weather app. It has barely any city choices, often switches my city to one 500 miles and 3 states away, is usually at least an hour behind on conditions, and really doesn't have all that much info in the first place.

I switched to the wunderground web app long ago, and they now have a standard app I like. But unfortunately, all the widgets use Apple's weather. The current widget setup I'm toying with doesn't update properly, either. Not even when I manually hit the Update button. Everything else that is data works, it's not like I'm disconnected from LTE. I really wish Apple would allow widget use in Notifications.

In fact, I think it is giving me Minneapolis, Kansas again in this widget. Claims 28 deg, and we haven't broken 10 since Monday in MN.
Yea it looks that way to me. I am guess you have JB your iphone as well?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:12 AM   #9
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
Yea it looks that way to me. I am guess you have JB your iphone as well?
Yep. Mainly for easy toggles for wifi, etc. But I play around with other things on occasion.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:01 AM   #10
SR45
Banned

If there isn't an app for my local city, and not some city many miles away or from a weather station in some other State, I don't bother with weather apps at all. Even our local reports are normally off a few degrees. Hit or miss
SR45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:18 PM   #11
driver123
macrumors newbie

Weather app wildly off by 20+ degrees

Occasionally the iPhone weather app will hugely understate the temperature.

In the attached example it said it was 48 degrees when it was really 70 degrees.

What could be going on here?
Attached Images

driver123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:42 PM   #12
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

for what its worth, when i open the weather in the notification menu, it sometimes takes 10 seconds or so to finally update the weather to the current temp. so if you give it a quick glance, then close it....it may be off. sometimes it take a second or two, but more times than not it take 10+.
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone