Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Hi, I want to connect an Android TV box dongle whatever you call it to my TV and am now looking for a way to control it using my iPhone. The only thing I've found on Google was an app for Android phones called Droidmode, but sadly there doesn't seem to exist an iOS version. So, is there any other way to use an iOS device as a remote control for the TV box?

I appreciate all input!

Thanks!!

EDIT:

Anyway, I've actually found a solution myself now. You need a jailbroken iPhone for this. From Cydia, download the app WeBe++ for $4.99. It turns your iPhone into a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, which is way more comfortable to use than actual bluetooth mouses/keyboards, that is in my opinion.

I'm just posting this for people who are looking for a way to control their Android TV sticks from their iDevices.

I'm using the MK808b (b stands for bluetooth).

Last edited:

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Anyway, I've actually found a solution myself now. You need a jailbroken iPhone for this. From Cydia, download the app WeBe++ for $4.99. It turns your iPhone into a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, which is way more comfortable to use than actual bluetooth mouses/keyboards, that is in my opinion.

I'm just posting this for people who are looking for a way to control their Android TV sticks from their iDevices.

I'm using the MK808b (b stands for bluetooth).

Gettin'wet

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
Hey Inselstudent, thanks for posting re:WeBe++
That sounds like the solution I have been searching for. Can you confirm if it works in both mouse and keyboard mode without issues? Any special advice to get it working properly?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.