Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Rich2Putt
macrumors member

No bootable device insert boot disc and press any key error

On my new iMac 21" I get this message when I "wake up" the Mac after a day of non use. It only seems to happen after being in sleep mode for more then 12hrs. I need to re-start each time.

I do have Windows 7 installed via bootcamp.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rich2Putt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:11 PM   #2
mikeorchard
macrumors regular

System Preferences > System > Startup Disk > Select "Macintosh HD" instead of Bootcamp.

Now it'll boot to OS X by default, if you want to use Windows just hold alt/option key during startup. I'm guessing Bootcamp doesn't play friendly with resuming from sleep.
mikeorchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:25 PM   #3
Rich2Putt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeorchard View Post
System Preferences > System > Startup Disk > Select "Macintosh HD" instead of Bootcamp.

Now it'll boot to OS X by default, if you want to use Windows just hold alt/option key during startup. I'm guessing Bootcamp doesn't play friendly with resuming from sleep.
Thank You
Rich2Putt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac