Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Makaveli6103
macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 dead but battery says 30%

Recently I noticed that my phone goes dead at 30% and will not turn on unless I plug it in. I have ios 6.1 jailbroken. What is up with this?
Makaveli6103 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:20 PM   #2
~Ks383~
macrumors 6502

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? By that I mean letting it drain until it turns off and then recharging it fully before using it again.
~Ks383~ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:23 PM   #3
700-Grizz
macrumors 6502

Did this happen prior to your JB? If not I would say do a complete restore and JB again to the latest 6.1.2 and Evasi0n 1.4
700-Grizz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:28 PM   #4
Netherscourge
macrumors 6502

The best way to keep your battery calibrated is to only plug it in when it goes under 20% and then to charge it completely to 100%, without interruption.

If you keep doing "shallow charges", ie. charging your phone when it's like at 50% or higher and then unplugging it before it hits 100%, the charge meter will become slowly inaccurate over time.

As mentioned above, best way to recalibrate it is to let it run out completely and then to charge it overnight to 100% and just leave it charging for a couple hours.

The phone will automatically activate "trickle charging" when it get's to 100% so it never actually overcharges your battery anyway.
Netherscourge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:28 PM   #5
nellyplatinum
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ks383~ View Post
Have you tried recalibrating the battery? By that I mean letting it drain until it turns off and then recharging it fully before using it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
The best way to keep your battery calibrated is to only plug it in when it goes under 20% and then to charge it completely to 100%, without interruption.

If you keep doing "shallow charges", ie. charging your phone when it's like at 50% or higher and then unplugging it before it hits 100%, the charge meter will become slowly inaccurate over time.

As mentioned above, best way to recalibrate it is to let it run out completely and then to charge it overnight to 100% and just leave it charging for a couple hours.

The phone will automatically activate "trickle charging" when it get's to 100% so it never actually overcharges your battery anyway.
guys not to sound like a dick but he/she did mention it shuts off at 30% so how can they recalibrate it if it dosent go down to 0%
nellyplatinum is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:20 PM   #6
~Ks383~
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyplatinum View Post
guys not to sound like a dick but he/she did mention it shuts off at 30% so how can they recalibrate it if it dosent go down to 0%
Well obviously not, it was worth a try though. I assumed they might as well try that before they restore. I don't know what jailbreak tweaks he has installed but it can be a PITA to install a lot of tweaks after a restore. Also assuming the system is reading his battery incorrectly (and that it is just not a faulty battery) I thought that it might help.
~Ks383~ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks