Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
What is it about these kinds of apps or tweaks that absolutely pulverize battery life..I really like em both ( I prefer jukebox) but man it eats up my battery!

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
What makes you sure it's jukebox that's eating your battery up? Curious as I have music controls pro and my battery life isn't great. Wonder if that's the culprit for me?

Neil.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
Well when I typed this post I was sure but now I'm kinda not sure...battery was fine and then I installed barrel, jukebox and cyntact....I'm pretty sure it's not barrel but I still had poor battery life after deleting jukebox so there a chance it may have been cyntact but I'm really not sure...it has to be one of the two...I did restore to 6.1.2 then retail real today but I had all my tweaks and apps installed and had like 90 percent battery...installed the above mentioned and went to the gym...an hour later I was at 56 percent...the funny thing is that when I jail broke on 6.1 my battery was horrible but then leveled out...I know that doesn't make sense but I dunno...sorry for the long ass rant...lol

----------

Re-jailbreak not retail real...haha

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
Well when I typed this post I was sure but now I'm kinda not sure...battery was fine and then I installed barrel, jukebox and cyntact....I'm pretty sure it's not barrel but I still had poor battery life after deleting jukebox so there a chance it may have been cyntact but I'm really not sure...it has to be one of the two...I did restore to 6.1.2 then retail real today but I had all my tweaks and apps installed and had like 90 percent battery...installed the above mentioned and went to the gym...an hour later I was at 56 percent...the funny thing is that when I jail broke on 6.1 my battery was horrible but then leveled out...I know that doesn't make sense but I dunno...sorry for the long ass rant...lol

----------

Re-jailbreak not retail real...haha

We're you streaming music at the gym?

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
(snipped)

...the funny thing is that when I jail broke on 6.1 my battery was horrible but then leveled out...I know that doesn't make sense but I dunno...sorry for the long ass rant...lol

----------

This is pretty normal, actually. The first few days after a JB, most people are intalling tweaks, themes, etc. Every respring you do takes a chunk of your battery, and most of us respring a LOT early on. After that, you can go days or weeks without a respring if you're a bit lazy about updates (raises hand)...so your battery usage settles back into something a lot more stable.

MCP 6 hasn't caused any battery drain on my iP5 yet, but I haven't given it a lengthy workout either. I do have both BatteryDoctorPro & Battery Detective installed, so if there's measurable drain either in use or backgrounded one of those two should show it.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Kind of off topic, but here goes. I installed jukebox, so far i like the app. I have it showing up on my lock screen, i would like to only have the jukebox app showing the song data do i need to turn off the extra song data the shows below the clock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.