Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Cuechick
macrumors regular

Angry Mac Mail Driving Me Nuts

Since I upgraded to Lion I have lot of problems with my Mac Mail. I hate the format change first of all but not much I can do about it. I have to gmail accounts, once goes through my website and a general gmail account. It is very slow to open emails and to navigate. I constantly get a spinning wheel. The worst thing is trying to type, the type shows up 20 secs or more after I type!
It is so frustrating...

The problem is worse on my MBP, I also have a desktop set and it is not as bad but I rarely use that for typing emails....

any ideals?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:05 PM   #2
ObeseSquirrel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuechick View Post
Since I upgraded to Lion I have lot of problems with my Mac Mail. I hate the format change first of all but not much I can do about it. I have to gmail accounts, once goes through my website and a general gmail account. It is very slow to open emails and to navigate. I constantly get a spinning wheel. The worst thing is trying to type, the type shows up 20 secs or more after I type!
It is so frustrating...

The problem is worse on my MBP, I also have a desktop set and it is not as bad but I rarely use that for typing emails....

any ideals?
Format->Viewing-> Check "Use classic layout" will fix the format for you. Don't know about the other problem. Have you tried repairing permissions?
ObeseSquirrel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Cuechick
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeseSquirrel View Post
Format->Viewing-> Check "Use classic layout" will fix the format for you. Don't know about the other problem. Have you tried repairing permissions?
Thank you so much! Though for me it was mail preferences > viewing > Use Classic...

Format had no viewing option.

How do I repair permissions?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Cuechick
macrumors regular

Never mind, I googled it and that seems to have done the trick, thanks again!!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion