Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
4th padded cell on the right
I have to admit it's peaked my interest. I do like the sleek lightweight design. But it doesn't look like the mount can swing rotate to be angled towards the viewer.

I do have a question about vent mounts in general. Can mounting on a vent cause damage to the phone while exposed to air conditioning or heat? This is the main reason I've avoided vent mounts in the past.

ETA: Well for better or worse, I've joined you since Amazon says you can cancel.

Last edited:

norwegian wood

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
i have never had a problem with mine over the vent. and figured especially in the summer time running air conditioning i figure it will keep the iphone cool when running apps like gps that make the iPhone hot after long periods of time.

you can always adjust how much air comes out of that vent or direct where it flows if you feel it is too much or too little

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
I just preordered, that looks 10000% better than most existing style vent mounts.

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
i have never had a problem with mine over the vent. and figured especially in the summer time running air conditioning i figure it will keep the iphone cool when running apps like gps that make the iPhone hot after long periods of time.

you can always adjust how much air comes out of that vent or direct where it flows if you feel it is too much or too little
Thanks norwegian. My other thought is if I really need to blast either A/C or heat, I'll just remove the phone from the vent. Seems a ridiculously silly solution, eh? Appreciate the reply & feedback though. :)

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks norwegian. My other thought is if I really need to blast either A/C or heat, I'll just remove the phone from the vent. Seems a ridiculously silly solution, eh? Appreciate the reply & feedback though. :)

Also on some cars u can actually close each vent individually. So u can still blast the A/C or heat.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I do have a question about vent mounts in general. Can mounting on a vent cause damage to the phone while exposed to air conditioning or heat?
No. Though if you're running your AC and it's humid you could end up with some serious condensation on your device once you remove it and leave the vehicle (which could possibly cause water damage).

shadow puppet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
No. Though if you're running your AC and it's humid you could end up with some serious condensation on your device once you remove it and leave the vehicle (which could possibly cause water damage).
That is exactly why I was concerned. Better not to tempt fate. It's my first new iphone in 3 years so will just remove it from the vent when I need to run A/C.

puppers

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Detroit, MI
Just wanted to let you guys know I had that I had something similar, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awh6QP8-BBE ) and you have to keep in mind that sometimes certain vents make it impossible to use as the "vent turner - or thing that you use to direct the vent) may get in the way of properly using. Will it affect everyone, no, but keep this in mind. Sometimes those things come out farther and the mount will bot be able to get to the vent.

Hope this makes sense, pretty cool and simple find though. May just get one myself.

txchou

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2013
Looking at buying the Kenu Airframe too.

Has anyone got one yet?

I am curious to know whether the inside of the clip is also covered with the rubber (to protect from scratching the air vent). Any pics to confirm?

Also, will the clip lose its strength overtime and render the mount useless!? How exactly does it hold onto the vent?

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
I got this email yesterday:

Thanks again for pre-ordering Airframe and we are excited to get Airframe into your hands and most importantly your cars!

In our best efforts to ship out the first 1000 units in March, we became aware of a slight issue during mass production. As we are obsessed with delivering the highest quality product to you, the first batch will now ship during the week of April 15th. Please note, we will not charge your credit card until Airframe ships and you will receive an email with a tracking number!

Please allow (7-14) business days for orders shipping to the U.S./Canada and (14-30) business days for international orders.

In the mean-time, here's a pic of Airframe with our slim-line Eco-friendly packaging. Please email info@kenu.com with any questions. We sincerely apologize for the delay and we can't thank you enough for your patience and early support. Please "like" us on Facebook or "follow" us on Twitter to keep up to date with the latest news from Kenu!​

MR Bulk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Hey this is neat and compact. Then again I have a car with really skinny, longitudinal A/C vents with only one thin vane running across in the middle. Would it fit I wonder?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I got this email yesterday:

Thanks again for pre-ordering Airframe and we are excited to get Airframe into your hands and most importantly your cars!

In our best efforts to ship out the first 1000 units in March, we became aware of a slight issue during mass production. As we are obsessed with delivering the highest quality product to you, the first batch will now ship during the week of April 15th. Please note, we will not charge your credit card until Airframe ships and you will receive an email with a tracking number!

Please allow (7-14) business days for orders shipping to the U.S./Canada and (14-30) business days for international orders.

In the mean-time, here's a pic of Airframe with our slim-line Eco-friendly packaging. Please email info@kenu.com with any questions. We sincerely apologize for the delay and we can't thank you enough for your patience and early support. Please "like" us on Facebook or "follow" us on Twitter to keep up to date with the latest news from Kenu!​

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback about this car mount when you receive it.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Got mine today! The build quality is 10 times better than what I expected.

Can you post pictures? Also feedback on how strong it is when it's mounted on the air vent? I'm worried the phone might fall under normal bumps along the road.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.