Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Norseman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
My iMac came today, and she's a beauty. Well worth the wait. Here is some info:

3.2GHz i5
16GB RAM
768GB Flash Storage
675MX
Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad

January 28 - Ordered
February 15 - Called Apple. Asked about the price drop of the 768 Flash Storage. Got a $469 refund.
February 16 - Called Apple and asked a few questions about the Specs. Didn't even talk to them about delivery time, but they told me they would up the delivery by 3 days.
February 18 - Preparing For Shipment
February 19 - Shipped (from China)
February 20 - Delivered (to Iowa, USA) a few days early!

My previous 20" iMac, that I bought in early 2007, looks tiny compared to this new iMac. Perhaps I received my new iMac earlier than some others, because I called Apple a couple of times? Don't know for sure.

Here is a photo of my new iMac with wallpaper of some my photography of Colorado. The youtube video is a simple, straight forward unboxing video. The new 27" iMac is really a thing of beauty. You will love it.

svgz0h.jpg

youtube video at: http://youtu.be/eaebbCTJhDQ

Last edited:

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
My iMac came today, and she's a beauty. Well worth the wait. Here is some info:

3.2GHz i5
16GB RAM
768GB Flash Storage
675MX
Magic Mouse + Magis Trackpad

January 28 - Ordered
February 15 - Called Apple. Asked about the price drop of the 768 Flash Storage. Got a $469 refund.
February 16 - Called Apple and asked a few questions about the Specs. Didn't even talk to them about delivery time, but they told me they would up the delivery by 3 days.
February 18 - Preparing For Shipment
February 19 - Shipped (from China)
February 20 - Delivered (to Iowa, USA) a few days early!

My previous 20" iMac, that I bought in early 2007, looks tiny compared to this new iMac. Perhaps I received my new iMac earlier than some others, because I called Apple a couple of times? Don't know for sure.

Here is a photo of my new iMac with wallpaper of some my photography of Colorado. The youtube video is a simple, straight forward unboxing video. The new 27" iMac is really a thing of beauty. You will love it.

youtube video at: http://youtu.be/eaebbCTJhDQ

No i7 :(

The Norseman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Can't you still return it? Also man is it just me or does it look like a 21.5 inch on the video lol
Since I just got it today, I have 14 days to return it if I want. I don't think I want to wait another month to get another iMac, but I'll think about it. Also, the distance from the camera made the iMac look smaller, but believe me, she is HUGE!

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
Since I just got it today, I have 14 days to return it if I want. I don't think I want to wait another month to get another iMac, but I'll think about it. Also, the distance from the camera made the iMac look smaller, but believe me, she is HUGE!
Awesome. Hey I noticed you also purchased 16GB ram? Never buy extra ram from apple well only of its the 27 inch because it can be upgraded up to 32GB so most people buy 8GB instead of buying the 16. Return it and selected 8GB then with the extra money you spent on the 16GB use it on the i7 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.