Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This is possibly a weird one. I'm looking for a web accessible cam that can be viewed on an iPad and if possible also record to my Mac. If it could be turned on and off remotely that would be good also. Motion detection also nice. And as inexpensive as possible

In case anyone is wondering its for securing some trailers on a big location shoot. Ideally they would feed into a computer and broadcast to my iPad so I can check in when not on site. We're going to have a satellite wifi set up so having a connection isn't a concern.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Check this out, it may be what you need and is on sale. As the name would suggest it's only on sale today, until midnight eastern.

http://1saleaday.com/main/

I don't have any affiliation with the site, but I have bought items from them in the past. The shipping can be slow, but the products are always great.

Product Info
Ever since that time your kid put the babysitter to sleep, you just don’t feel so comfortable leaving home anymore. Instead of worrying about whether bedtime is going okay, upgrade your sense of security with the Foscam Pan & Tilt Wireless IP Camera.

This handy cam features two-way audio monitoring with a built-in microphone and speaker, and a color CMOS sensor that ensures high image and video quality with a resolution of 720 pixels. Supporting remote viewing and recording, you can view live footage on your desktop or smartphone, including iPhone and Androids. Motion detection email alerts and infrared night vision provide added peace of mind. Also features a port to use an SD card to record your footage.

LaymansDomain

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
Looks like an ip camera would fit your description to the word for motion detection, emailing pictures, and remote access. You can probably get indoor options for as low as 60's and outdoor ones closer to 100's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.