Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1
DavidBlack
macrumors 6502

Important Xcode Question

Hi I want to display how memory info like activity monitor does in a Label in my app can anyone help me?
DavidBlack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Catfish_Man
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to Catfish_Man
This is not actually a question about Xcode.

That said, libtop provides the information you need. Using it is Hard though.
Catfish_Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Efrem
macrumors member

As a separate suggestion, while your question is undoubtedly important to you, everyone's question is important to them. Labeling yours as "important" is in effect saying "My question is more important than yours is, because I'm more important than you are." That's a real turn-off to people who might otherwise want to help. You would do better in the future to simply state what your question is about.
Efrem is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:44 PM   #4
PatrickCocoa
macrumors 6502a

Clarity of Thought and Expression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
As a separate suggestion, while your question is undoubtedly important to you, everyone's question is important to them. Labeling yours as "important" is in effect saying "My question is more important than yours is, because I'm more important than you are." That's a real turn-off to people who might otherwise want to help. You would do better in the future to simply state what your question is about.
Just to make sure we get further off topic, maybe OP meant that Xcode is important, not his questions. Thusly: "(Important Xcode) question", not "Important (Xcode question)".

If only English had parenthesis.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Blakeasd
macrumors 6502a

Labeling a question on a forum incorrectly: The Unpardonable Sin
Blakeasd is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Sayer
macrumors 6502a

A better question is why do you need to reproduce the functionality of an existing app in your app?

Do you want to show your own app's memory? Are you making a better Activity Monitor app? Are you trying to debug some memory leak in your app?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming