Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1
kriista1234
macrumors regular

Slow iCloud syncing for Notes? (+losing data)

Anyone else have the problem that when you first open Notes it takes like 2-3 seconds before it's up to date? And trying to view anything in that time period freaks out Notes and either creates duplicate entries or kicks you out of the note you were in?

I've also noticed that if I enter or edit a note and quit Notes before it updates that that data is lost completely. It took me weeks to figure out why I had half words, or missing entries in some of my notes.

I love that it syncs everywhere, but I really hate having to 'babysit' it by opening it, then waiting for it to update, then do the reverse after entering something.

I'd totally jump ship to evernote, but I NEED to be able to look at files offline.
kriista1234 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:06 PM   #2
JanSKay
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Notes slow to update

I updated a note 10 min. ago on my MacBook and still waiting for it to appear on my iPhone. This also started happening with the address book updates recently as well. Just when I'm ready to give up, the updates finally will appear. Changes used to appear almost immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriista1234 View Post
Anyone else have the problem that when you first open Notes it takes like 2-3 seconds before it's up to date? And trying to view anything in that time period freaks out Notes and either creates duplicate entries or kicks you out of the note you were in?

I've also noticed that if I enter or edit a note and quit Notes before it updates that that data is lost completely. It took me weeks to figure out why I had half words, or missing entries in some of my notes.

I love that it syncs everywhere, but I really hate having to 'babysit' it by opening it, then waiting for it to update, then do the reverse after entering something.

I'd totally jump ship to evernote, but I NEED to be able to look at files offline.
JanSKay is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion