Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 AM   #101
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauratlas View Post
Lesson to Apple: Don't update Brazil's products except once per year. They get a model late? Oh well, too bad.
I like this idea. Make it every two years and lets do a reset. Only sell the 1st gen iPad and in two more years they can get the iPad 2 and so on.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 AM   #102
Peace
macrumors P6

The funny part is Apple will probably wind up paying somebody some money. And I'm guessing it will be lawyers.
Peace is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 AM   #103
ChrisTX
macrumors 68030

For the record, my third gen retina iPad is still in immaculate condition, and excellent working order. The introduction of the iPad 4 didn't change that.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:42 AM   #104
beg_ne
macrumors 6502

Wow, moronic Brazilians. iPad 4 is actually the first real power upgrade the iPad has seen since the iPad 2.

Due to the retina displays needs the iPad 3 had the same, or LESS performance than the 2. Not until the 4 could the CPU/GPU drive the retina display AND give the iPad a speed upgrade.

LOL
beg_ne is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:42 AM   #105
Kaibelf
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezetos View Post
Haha, well, Brazil said what many other people thought
Many people are dumb.
Kaibelf is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:43 AM   #106
scho52386
macrumors regular

I don't get it...it's possible to sue a company for releasing new/improved products too fast? I have not studied law, but I just find that ridiculous...AND they have to update the hardware AND reimburse? For what? Because people did not inform themselves of the product they are purchasing? I find that to be quite ridiculous....

"Our citizens were not educated enough to differentiate two products, so you have to give them the newer one and some money." Am I understanding this correctly?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:43 AM   #107
newdeal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatearray View Post
That's not "planned obsolescence, it's Moore's Law, and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it.
Not really because Moore's law only exists due to people pushing the boundaries of what is possible in semiconductors. If people weren't trying to make new things and hence make the old things obsolete then there would be no Moores Law (which isn't a law at all simply an observation of past trends)
newdeal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM   #108
syd430

These governments are aware of Apple's unusually large cash reserves (and no debt) which makes Apple an easy target. No different to the price inquiry here is Aus. I mean screw free market enterprise, right?
  2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM   #109
mabhatter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero910 View Post
Gotta love how they believe they deserve to know in advance if a new product is coming out. I also love how they want free replacements AND 50% of their money back.
Well if you don't ASK the court up front, you can't add the demand later. So all these suits ask for the moon and stars knowing the court will only throw cheese wheels.
mabhatter is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM   #110
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

I guess maybe Apple should just hold back releasing new models there while everyone else gets them? would that make them happy?

TouchMint.com is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM   #111
champ01

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauratlas View Post
Lesson to Apple: Don't update Brazil's products except once per year. They get a model late? Oh well, too bad.
Lesson for All companies making planned obsolescence products.

This thread is full of nationalistic pricks who don't care that the world is turning more and more into a dump.
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:44 AM   #112
tomhut
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexx27 View Post
No, they should ****ing print at LEAST "3RD GENERATION" on the box. Or call "IPAD 3".
Surely the consumer could simply return it if they find they have been mis-sold the product by the retailer? Again, Apple have no control over what happens in a 3rd party retail store.
tomhut is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:45 AM   #113
krravi
macrumors 65816

I bought some fruits that were from Brazil. But by the time I bought it, the grocery store replenished the stock with fresh produce.

Brazil! A lawsuit is on the way!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:46 AM   #114
wgnoyes
macrumors regular

Nothing obsolete about the iPad 3, it runs perfectly well and I'm sure lots of people are very happy with theirs.
wgnoyes is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:46 AM   #115
LostMyiPhone
macrumors 6502

Dear Brazil,

Where have you been? This is what Apple has ALWAYS done with their products. They've ALWAYS had tech and the capability to implement the tech into a new device (99% there) but they always seem to hold back. They sell what they've got for about a year, then do a spec bump and sell the pants off of THAT for a year. It's played out over and over it's just that this time, they did it in a few months instead of a year.

We're glad you're still awake down there. Thanks for paying attention.

Sincerely,
The Blatantly Obvious
LostMyiPhone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:48 AM   #116
PBG4 Dude
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhatter View Post
Well if you don't ASK the court up front, you can't add the demand later. So all these suits ask for the moon and stars knowing the court will only throw cheese wheels.
I hanker for a hunka, a slab a slice or chunka, I hanker for a hunk of cheese!

PBG4 Dude is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:48 AM   #117
emulator
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to emulator Send a message via AIM to emulator Send a message via MSN to emulator Send a message via Yahoo to emulator Send a message via Skype™ to emulator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJTC View Post
The only part of this article I agree with is the part about customers unknowingly buying the 3rd generation after the 4th generation was released.

There was no way for the average customer to distinguish between them and here in Ireland I thought it was really bad to walk into a store and see the 3rd generation still on sale at Christmas with the same price tag as the 4th generation.
Blame the stores, not the company that makes the product. And it's the customer's responsibility to educate themselves before making a purchase anyway, isn't it?
emulator is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:49 AM   #118
bedifferent

As much as I hate to admit it, that's capitalism. While I hate that some of my tech gets outdated (still functional of course) so quickly, it's how the free market system works. Forgive me for stating, but if you don't like it, then, well, don't buy.
bedifferent is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:49 AM   #119
rdlink
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezetos View Post
Haha, well, Brazil said what many other people thought
And those people are just as stupid as Brazil.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:51 AM   #120
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldiMac View Post
"A lot" is very subjective in this case. Apple was the most sued company in tech even before its smartphone lawsuits started. Probably because they are successful, not because they sued HTC and Samsung.
So what is incorrect about my post? My definition of a lot isn't correct?
AppleScruff1 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:51 AM   #121
AbSoluTc
macrumors 68020

Dumbest **** ever.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:51 AM   #122
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedifferent View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, that's capitalism. While I hate that some of my tech gets outdated (still functional of course) so quickly, it's how the free market system works. Forgive me for stating, but if you don't like it, then, well, don't buy.
Absolutely.
AppleScruff1 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:52 AM   #123
paulypants
macrumors 6502a

Lame

Apparently the USA isn't the only country in the world that has a problem with completely frivolous lawsuits.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:52 AM   #124
bedifferent

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
Blame the stores, not the company that makes the product. And it's the customer's responsibility to educate themselves before making a purchase anyway, isn't it?
I agree. I used to work behind the bar before the iPhone craze and when customers bought PowerMac's and iMac's. Most, if not all of the sales team on the floor were tech savvy guys. Now, the stores are so over crowded, hiring sprees created a mass of lower paid, untrained "kids" who don't know the difference between a SSD or HDD, or why more RAM is better in most cases. Things we take for granted, but are a foreign language to many.
bedifferent is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:52 AM   #125
AppleScruff1
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlink View Post
And those people are just as stupid as Brazil.
Careful.
AppleScruff1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion