Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I have an iPod that in trying to restore to the latest iOS to. It got stuck in a boot loop on the apple logo. I put it in DFU mode and plugged it into iTunes, it came up with the restore thing on iTunes then i get the 3014 error. I tried to edit my host file and i couldn't gain permission to do it. Anyone know of another way around it?

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
I have an iPod that in trying to restore to the latest iOS to. It got stuck in a boot loop on the apple logo. I put it in DFU mode and plugged it into iTunes, it came up with the restore thing on iTunes then i get the 3014 error. I tried to edit my host file and i couldn't gain permission to do it. Anyone know of another way around it?

I have what sounds like the same problem. I have not found any way to get out of recovery mode on the iPod.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This is a timeout error. Often caused by security software blocking the connection or a simple failure to connect

The stores have been up and down all day. This could be all that is going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.