Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Juandagis
macrumors newbie

Itunes "back up"help!

I finally found my mobile sync files and moved them to my external hard drive, but how do I tell itunes where they are or where do I put the files so that itunes will find them? I moved them because my Macbook Air has very little hard drive space. When I sync it says "could not back up phone error". please help! No Apple store near me... i just want my itunes to back everything up to my external.
Juandagis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandagis View Post
I finally found my mobile sync files and moved them to my external hard drive, but how do I tell itunes where they are or where do I put the files so that itunes will find them? I moved them because my Macbook Air has very little hard drive space. When I sync it says "could not back up phone error". please help! No Apple store near me... i just want my itunes to back everything up to my external.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. The iTunes iOS backups are stored in the below folder. Did you move them to an external drive, and now want to move them back? You should be able to quit iTunes and copy them back.

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Juandagis
macrumors newbie

Yes that's the file I moved. How can I get it to back up in my external hard drive? Where do I copy it to so it gets to back up to my external? Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juandagis View Post
Yes that's the file I moved. How can I get it to back up in my external hard drive? Where do I copy it to so it gets to back up to my external? Thanks!
Just so I understand, you want to do an iTunes iOS backup and have that file end up on the external drive? I don't know of a way to do that without moving your entire user home folder to the external.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:11 PM   #5
Juandagis
macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help