Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lisamm00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
My daughter had been using my old iPhone 4 like a touch since I got the iPhone 5 at launch. About a month ago she said it got very warm then turned off. She was at grandparent's house at the time so no one said "just leave it alone" so she said she kept trying to turn it back on. I tossed it in a drawer and forgot about it until today when she asked about getting a new iPod touch or fixing that iphone4 would it even be worth it to take it in and have it looked at?

Greencardman

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Its probably worth it. Getting warm usually indicates a battery issue, which is a cheaper fix than most things. You can try taking it into the Apple Store and seeing if they can diagnose it. If it is the battery, Apple has a battery replacement service for $79 that you can mail it in for.

alice04

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2013
It's best if you try your best to fix the iPhone first before planning on buying an iPod touch. If the battery is the problem then you can just replace the dead batt plus you'll save a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.