Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edcop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
Hi, I just bought a mac book pro yesterday and want to play BFME2 on it, so far i've installed in via crossover, but when i run it i cant get past the start flash page, so it never actually starts up the game. From looking around the web, im sure it is possible to get it to work without using bootcamp
(which i dont want to use because I have no copy of windows 7, and dont wan't to buy one or risk downloading a dodgy one)

I read that maybe you have to download a no dvd/cd crack or something?

anyway i would really appreciate help

thanks

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Hi, I just bought a mac book pro yesterday and want to play BFME2 on it, so far i've installed in via crossover, but when i run it i cant get past the start flash page, so it never actually starts up the game. From looking around the web, im sure it is possible to get it to work without using bootcamp
(which i dont want to use because I have no copy of windows 7, and dont wan't to buy one or risk downloading a dodgy one)

I read that maybe you have to download a no dvd/cd crack or something?

anyway i would really appreciate help

thanks

People here will not discuss cracking games etc

Only thing I cans say that I went the Crossover route sometime back and never ever managed to get anything to run under it, infact I have to say it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent on a program.

I soon learn't after also playing around with Parallels that Bootcamp was the way to go with some Windows games.

stueee123

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2011
I suggest using VMWare or Parallels. I can run BFME2 at full settings in vmware, and then you don't need to reboot. As for Windows 7, I'm sure with the help of tpb you could find a copy.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
I suggest using VMWare or Parallels. I can run BFME2 at full settings in vmware, and then you don't need to reboot. As for Windows 7, I'm sure with the help of tpb you could find a copy.

Yep, there is a wine port on the pirates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.