Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoschi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Hi:

I am interested in knowing how it would be possible to have a tabbing between windows just like in the main IB nib file window.. The architechture is as follows:

I want one window which shows an Opengl view and another window which has multi tabbing possible in it just like the main IB nib file window.... esentially, this window controls what to draw in the opengl window..

I am not sure about how I can simultaneosly have a viewer and a control window running at the same time...does this mean i need to have two nib files???

also i want the control window to look like the main nib file window in IB so that every icon brings up a new set of controls...

any thoughts???

thanks

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
If IB does it then it's possible. AFAIK IB was written Cocoa as I think it originally came from the NeXT days. I haven't really given it much thought but I would have thought much of what you're asking could be done through the notifications system.

You don't need to have two nibs as you can have two windows in a nib. OTOH I tend to put everything in it's own nib but that's just me. I'd also have two controllers - one for each window - but again you could bung it all in one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.