Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
doftin
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
2012 Macbook Air 11" Screws

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions about my new macbook air. I need new screws for bottom case (10 pieces) and i couldn't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? and also can i use 13" screws on 11" version?

And does anybody sell original 2012 ssd drive 64gb version?

Thank You
doftin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:09 PM   #2
BeeJee
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island/North Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doftin View Post
Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions about my new macbook air. I need new screws for bottom case (10 pieces) and i couldn't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? and also can i use 13" screws on 11" version?

And does anybody sell original 2012 ssd drive 64gb version?

Thank You
The screws are 4 dollars with free shipping, http://www.ebay.com/itm/110982608456?redirect=mobile

As for the 64GB SSD I highly recommend you put money towards a higher capacity, a lot of members have trouble with that small of a drive. A larger SSD will also improve resale value, but since you asked. http://www.ebay.com/itm/64GB-SSD-Toshiba-Hard-Drive-Apple-MacBook-Air-11-A1370-655-1633A-THNSNC064GMDJ-/281067268265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4170ea28a9
BeeJee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3
doftin
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJee View Post
The screws are 4 dollars with free shipping, http://www.ebay.com/itm/110982608456?redirect=mobile

As for the 64GB SSD I highly recommend you put money towards a higher capacity, a lot of members have trouble with that small of a drive. A larger SSD will also improve resale value, but since you asked. http://www.ebay.com/itm/64GB-SSD-Tos...item4170ea28a9
Thank you for your fast respond. However, your links seems to be for older macbook airs. I know new MacBook Air has new SSD drive which are not compatible with older models. For this reason that SSD doesn't useful for my machine i think. Correct me if i am wrong please. But i am not sure about screws. Do you think they will fit new macbook airs?
doftin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:49 PM   #4
BeeJee
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island/North Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doftin View Post
Thank you for your fast respond. However, your links seems to be for older macbook airs. I know new MacBook Air has new SSD drive which are not compatible with older models. For this reason that SSD doesn't useful for my machine i think. Correct me if i am wrong please. But i am not sure about screws. Do you think they will fit new macbook airs?
Sorry, when I was searching for some reason I had 2011 in my head not 2012. I feel bad for that mistake. Here you go. By the way the screws will be fine.
http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItemDesc.aspx?emvAD=320x356&aid=330871493566&emvcc=0&nbcol=0%7Cnull
BeeJee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:02 PM   #5
doftin
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJee View Post
Sorry, when I was searching for some reason I had 2011 in my head not 2012. I feel bad for that mistake. Here you go. By the way the screws will be fine.
http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewIte...nbcol=0%7Cnull
Thank you i just ordered screws but i will think about SSD i might order higher capacity. i am planing to buy this http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDAP2A6G120/

And one more question. I also lost my SSD screw which is black 1 piece. Do you have any suggestion that i can find it online also ?
doftin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:37 PM   #6
doftin
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I just contacted with screws seller on eBay and he told me that those screws are not compatible with new macbook airs. What do you think?
doftin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:04 PM   #7
doftin
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Guys, I need help with screws. Please somebody help me.
doftin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 refurb MacBook Air 13" or 2013 Haswell MacBook Air 13" IrtazaSafi MacBook Air 5 Jul 9, 2013 01:02 PM
Macbook Air 13" 2012 VS Macbook Air 13" 2011 - Comparison The Samurai MacBook Air 25 Jul 26, 2012 02:10 PM
Macbook Air 13" 2012 or Macbook Pro 13" 2012 brysonleo93 MacBook Air 2 Jun 12, 2012 07:11 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC