Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bclizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Im looking for a tweak thats basically do not disturb for a step further. When DND is on, you still get the notification on the lockscreen.

I want my phone to completely disable any and all notifications.

For example, im going to sleep, phones on nightstand, and i see it light up. I dont want that

any ideas?

kuruptmixer

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
You could try BannerDisable or NotiQuiet. Not sure if NotiQuiet works on iOS6 yet but it's worth a shot if you don't like BannerDisable.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried BannerDisable however it doesn't work with BiteSMS or iMessages. NotiQuiet works for ios6 however, I am still getting notifications (mainly bitesms is my biggest problem). Anything else I can try?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks for the quick response. I tried BannerDisable however it doesn't work with BiteSMS or iMessages. NotiQuiet works for ios6 however, I am still getting notifications (mainly bitesms is my biggest problem). Anything else I can try?

Oh yes definitely. If you use sbsettings just use the sbsettings toggle to disable the bite notifications. If you don't have sbsettings, you can assign the toggle to an activator gesture. I used to use activator for this specific reason back on iOS 5.

Just go to activator, choose where you want to use this toggle, select whatever gesture you want to use, scroll all the way to the bottom just before User Applications and use the enable/disable BiteSMS toggle!

Edit: I haven't used this on iOS6 but I don't see why it won't still work. You can test this yourself I believe if you just send yourself a text message. I think that's one way you can test. Or you can activate the gesture and just wait for someone to text you.

kuruptmixer

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
Oh yes definitely. If you use sbsettings just use the sbsettings toggle to disable the bite notifications. If you don't have sbsettings, you can assign the toggle to an activator gesture. I used to use activator for this specific reason back on iOS 5.

Just go to activator, choose where you want to use this toggle, select whatever gesture you want to use, scroll all the way to the bottom just before User Applications and use the enable/disable BiteSMS toggle!

Edit: I haven't used this on iOS6 but I don't see why it won't still work. You can test this yourself I believe if you just send yourself a text message. I think that's one way you can test. Or you can activate the gesture and just wait for someone to text you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You honestly have no idea how annoying my group message friends can be! I always get the annoying pop-ups during youtube, games, reading, etc...

This really saves a lot of frustration. I appreciate it.

Now Apple needs to enable do not disturb during unlock mode

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You honestly have no idea how annoying my group message friends can be! I always get the annoying pop-ups during youtube, games, reading, etc...

This really saves a lot of frustration. I appreciate it.

Now Apple needs to enable do not disturb during unlock mode

Hahahaha! Well you are very welcome. This is why I signed up here. To help others "tweak" their device.

Did you set it up? There are 3 different SMS toggles. One is an enable/disable toggle, the 2nd is only enable and the 3rd is disable. I suggest you use the combo toggle so you don't have to set up 2 separate gestures to enable and disable SMS alerts.

Anyways, enjoy!

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Yes, bumpyflatline is very helpful around here I've noticed.

I just achieve this by not having any notifications show on lock screen lol but I hate the lock screen and think it's pointless anyway, I know others feel differently, so I know that is not the way you're wanting to go.

But when you unlock your phone in the morning all of your notifications you received through the night still come through as banners and you can still look at them in the notification center.

----------

And one of the first things I do when I get my new phone or upgrade to new software is turn off imessaging and group messaging. Can't stand those either.

In a way, I guess I kind of go backwards. Everyone else wants new software developments and I actually prefer not to go forward so much. You would swear I'm old and technologically stupid, but I'm only 25 and just hate my notifications and messages being everywhere and going everywhere lol

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Yes, bumpyflatline is very helpful around here I've noticed.

I just achieve this by not having any notifications show on lock screen lol but I hate the lock screen and think it's pointless anyway, I know others feel differently, so I know that is not the way you're wanting to go.

But when you unlock your phone in the morning all of your notifications you received through the night still come through as banners and you can still look at them in the notification center.

----------

And one of the first things I do when I get my new phone or upgrade to new software is turn off imessaging and group messaging. Can't stand those either.

In a way, I guess I kind of go backwards. Everyone else wants new software developments and I actually prefer not to go forward so much. You would swear I'm old and technologically stupid, but I'm only 25 and just hate my notifications and messages being everywhere and going everywhere lol

Haha that's hilarious. Yes your solution is a good one except I think the person I was helping wanted this ability when the phone was unlocked, not on the lockscreen. But it's good to put information on this forum so then people can search and find solutions. Thanks!

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Haha that's hilarious. Yes your solution is a good one except I think the person I was helping wanted this ability when the phone was unlocked, not on the lockscreen. But it's good to put information on this forum so then people can search and find solutions. Thanks!

And you know what's ironic is back in iOS 4, I purchased lockinfo so I COULD have notifications on lock screen lol now that it's a native iOS feature, I don't like it.

I actually didn't end up using lockinfo on lock screen much anyway. I actually preferred it for the info shade. I don't know, I just can't stand the lock screen for some reason.

Just wanted to throw it out there that there are other ways to achieve it, but I guess they're more permanent solutions. It would be annoying to turn your notifications on lock screen on/off everyday when you go to sleep and wake up.

kuruptmixer

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
Hahahaha! Well you are very welcome. This is why I signed up here. To help others "tweak" their device.

Did you set it up? There are 3 different SMS toggles. One is an enable/disable toggle, the 2nd is only enable and the 3rd is disable. I suggest you use the combo toggle so you don't have to set up 2 separate gestures to enable and disable SMS alerts.

Anyways, enjoy!

Yeah, I went ahead and got it going with the toggle. Its super effective and did exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again!

bclizzle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
If you have bitesms any group chat or any conversation is annoying you in there, just hold your finger on the conversation, it mutes it from notifications.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.