Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1
peejack
macrumors 6502a

Apple dev's say there is NO issues with UI lag/Audio glitching on rMBP/ML

Hi,

I have posted here a few times in various posts with regards to my issues im having with my rMBP and Mountain Lion.

As I have noticed from a number of you you are also experiencing the same issues as me.

Graphics glitching in safari, system wide UI lag and terrible system wide audio stuttering. Well I have just got off the phone to a senior Tech guy at Apple. He has got me to run a multitude of system report and tests that he will be sending to the development team.

Whilst I was waiting for them to complete he spoke to them and checked their internal bug list.

His response was there was NO KNOWN issues within Mountain Lion or with the rMBP having any of the problems I have listed. He followed to say he has never experienced these himself either.

I have to wait 3-4 days for him to get back to me, after the development team have analysed my system logs.

However the first tech guy I spoke too, when I explained the problem said "oh these retina MBP seems to be having lots of problems" :/

So in short, those of you hoping that 10.8.3 would fix or address these issues (as I have been hoping) are going to be very let down with this update I believe.

Thought I would share with you here.

Last edited by peejack; Feb 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
peejack is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:28 AM   #2
smithrh
macrumors 68020

A few things here:

* Title says "Apple dev's say..." but I'm going to guess you weren't talking to an "Apple dev." Then you say "senior tech guy" in the post body, so I'm not sure which one you mean.

* Just because there are no reported issues doesn't mean that Apple is denying that there may be an issue.

* If you have an issue that's reproducible, don't rely on Apple knowing about it already, complain, but complain to Apple. Board posts don't count.
smithrh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM   #3
peejack
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithrh View Post
A few things here:

* Title says "Apple dev's say..." but I'm going to guess you weren't talking to an "Apple dev." Then you say "senior tech guy" in the post body, so I'm not sure which one you mean.
I was speaking to a senior tech guy he was speaking to the developer engineers , who I presume are the guys that work on and fix bugs.

Quote:
* Just because there are no reported issues doesn't mean that Apple is denying that there may be an issue.
True, but it DOES mean they are not aware of it, and not listed in a fix list.

Quote:
* If you have an issue that's reproducible, don't rely on Apple knowing about it already, complain, but complain to Apple. Board posts don't count.
I have. I reported to this board AFTER I reported to Apple.

Like I said I thought I would share this for the people on this board I have seen with the same issues.
peejack is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion