Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1
DShap5
macrumors 6502a

iPod touch 4 LCD?

If I buy something to replace a broken iPod touch 4th gen screen, can I buy just a glass cover (the glass is cracked but it is still responsive) or does the LCD come with it in one piece?
DShap5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

There is a lot of debate from some people, but those of us who repair phones advise to buy the two parts together as one piece. Its almost impossible from my point of view to just replace the glass of an iPod Touch screen. I'd recommend to just bite the bullet and buy a full display assembly that includes the glass and a new LCD.
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3
iRepairParts
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by david shapiro View Post
If I buy something to replace a broken iPod touch 4th gen screen, can I buy just a glass cover (the glass is cracked but it is still responsive) or does the LCD come with it in one piece?
Replacing the entire LCD digitizer assembly is the way to go. The LCD and Digitizer are fused together during manufacturing just like the iPhone 4/ 4S LCD Digitizer assemblies.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch