Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:01 AM   #1
RCORRELL08
macrumors newbie

Advice

Hey, I am looking for some advice. I am wanting to purchase a tablet for college and for pleasure(I have a hp desktop at home). However I am torn between the ipad 2 or the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch. I am not to worried about the price difference I just want the best tablet for school that has the most options. Also if you have the ipad and use it for school and college classes what are some apps you downloaded to it for school things.

Also what about if I start a paper on word on my hp desktop and than want to finish it on my tablet or vice versa.
RCORRELL08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:30 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Between those two options, I would do the Kindle Fire. For long term reading and any typing/writing, the higher definition screen will be good. I'd try saving a little bit more if you can, then get the iPad 4. Best of both worlds there.

As far as writing on PC and tablet, Pages is available for iOS that supports editing of documents. Same with Keynote/Numbers for PowerPoint/Excel. Sharing the actual files is a little bit difficult..you'll want to install the iCloud panel for file sharing.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3
bohbot16
macrumors 6502a

Anyone have experience with the Amazon App Store selection on the Kindle Fire HD? I know that the App Store is one of the iPads strong suits. I'm not familiar with the difference in app selection between a Kindle Fire and something like a Nexus tablet.
bohbot16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad