Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1
jodilea
macrumors newbie

Mac email

Hi,

I have had to self teach for the most part on how to use a Mac. I was placed in my position as the MacLab teacher in my elementary school with out having a clue how to use one. So, please excuse this question if it is kinda stupid!

I have both my gmail and my outlook email running through my mail on my MacBook. I am trying to email a very large powerpoint and it will not send. Consequently is spins non stop and then bogs down my entire computer. To the point where I have to delete the email or force quit mail in order to use any other programs. I need to send the email.

Any ideas on how to make my file smaller so itll email through without removing and aspects of the power point, or maybe there is a setting in Mail?

Thanks!
jodilea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Swiss-G
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodilea View Post
Hi,

I have had to self teach for the most part on how to use a Mac. I was placed in my position as the MacLab teacher in my elementary school with out having a clue how to use one. So, please excuse this question if it is kinda stupid!

I have both my gmail and my outlook email running through my mail on my MacBook. I am trying to email a very large powerpoint and it will not send. Consequently is spins non stop and then bogs down my entire computer. To the point where I have to delete the email or force quit mail in order to use any other programs. I need to send the email.

Any ideas on how to make my file smaller so itll email through without removing and aspects of the power point, or maybe there is a setting in Mail?

Thanks!
Under the FILE menu in PowerPoint there is an option for REDUCE FILE SIZE. There are 3 options:

Best for printing (220 ppi)
Best for viewing onscreen (150 ppi)
Best for emailing (96 ppi)

Try the different options to reduce the footprint of the file.
Swiss-G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:28 PM   #3
GimmeSlack12
macrumors 603

What size is the file exactly? Have you tried sending the file through gmail.com directly? Have you looked into Dropbox or other cloud options for transferring the file?

You shouldn't have to sacrifice the quality of your presentation, rather just find a more robust way of sending it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help