Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jodilea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Hi,

I have had to self teach for the most part on how to use a Mac. I was placed in my position as the MacLab teacher in my elementary school with out having a clue how to use one. So, please excuse this question if it is kinda stupid!

I have both my gmail and my outlook email running through my mail on my MacBook. I am trying to email a very large powerpoint and it will not send. Consequently is spins non stop and then bogs down my entire computer. To the point where I have to delete the email or force quit mail in order to use any other programs. I need to send the email.

Any ideas on how to make my file smaller so itll email through without removing and aspects of the power point, or maybe there is a setting in Mail?

Thanks!

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had to self teach for the most part on how to use a Mac. I was placed in my position as the MacLab teacher in my elementary school with out having a clue how to use one. So, please excuse this question if it is kinda stupid!

I have both my gmail and my outlook email running through my mail on my MacBook. I am trying to email a very large powerpoint and it will not send. Consequently is spins non stop and then bogs down my entire computer. To the point where I have to delete the email or force quit mail in order to use any other programs. I need to send the email.

Any ideas on how to make my file smaller so itll email through without removing and aspects of the power point, or maybe there is a setting in Mail?

Thanks!

Under the FILE menu in PowerPoint there is an option for REDUCE FILE SIZE. There are 3 options:

Best for printing (220 ppi)
Best for viewing onscreen (150 ppi)
Best for emailing (96 ppi)

Try the different options to reduce the footprint of the file.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
What size is the file exactly? Have you tried sending the file through gmail.com directly? Have you looked into Dropbox or other cloud options for transferring the file?

You shouldn't have to sacrifice the quality of your presentation, rather just find a more robust way of sending it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.