Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I might be coming back to the iPhone, after being on Android the past three years. Never jailbreaked before. What are the best or must have apps, to help make the iPhone 5 feel more Android like ?

Mainly better SMS text app ? Widget toggles ? Is there an AOSP type lock screen ? Weather widget ? Any way to make the home screen, not look like the app drawer was left open LOL :)

What would you recommend an old Android guy, to install on a fresh jailbreaked iPhone 5 right away, to make me feel more comfortable ?

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Handcent for SMS is available through Cydia. Loved this one on Android and I'm loving it now on my jailbroken iPhone 5. Free and no ads.
SBSettings and NCSettings are two great options for quick toggles.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Why would you switch from Android to iOS, then skin the iPhone to look exactly like Android?

I always though that the Android argument was that the hardware was better. If that's not the case, just use the iPhone as an iPhone?

I am not looking for an Android clone on my new iPhone 5. But some features of Android OS are nice, and not in stock iOS, and I think with jailbreak, they are there. Just a few things I want, like better SMS options, better lock screen than stock iOS, some other stuff that's even cooler than Android can be found in Cydia it seems ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.