Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
So I have ipad 4 and MacBook Air. Is there an app that can AirPlay it to my MacBook Air which will be connected to my tv through the Hdmi.

Any other suggestions

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
So I have ipad 4 and MacBook Air. Is there an app that can AirPlay it to my MacBook Air which will be connected to my tv through the Hdmi.

Any other suggestions

Why not just log onto hbo go on your MacBook Air?

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Search the App Store for VNC apps. It will give you full control of your MacBook Air from your iPad.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I guess what I want to do is, play the HBO go app on my ipad but have my MacBook air connected to the tv via hdmi. and airplay the hbo go app from the ipad, so that I can control it from the ipad.

I guess I am trying to find out if I get around not having to buy the apple tv, and use the MacBook air to do the job.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
I guess what I want to do is, play the HBO go app on my ipad but have my MacBook air connected to the tv via hdmi. and airplay the hbo go app from the ipad, so that I can control it from the ipad.

I guess I am trying to find out if I get around not having to buy the apple tv, and use the MacBook air to do the job.

Would it be Ok if HBO Go was running on your MacBook Air instead of your iPad but you were still able to control it from your iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.