Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
I cant get into Location Services on my iPad Mini. My iPhone 4 is fine but when I go into Settings/privacy/location settings the settings app crashes both with Mobile Substrate on and off. Anyone heard of this?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I cant get into Location Services on my iPad Mini. My iPhone 4 is fine but when I go into Settings/privacy/location settings the settings app crashes both with Mobile Substrate on and off. Anyone heard of this?

Just double checked on my ipad mini and its working fine. Maybe it's something you installed?

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
California
So I just disabled all of my tweaks via iCleaner and deleted some Cydia tweaks to try and fix the problem. None of that worked and I thought "why not try and turn off location settings in NC settings". Turned it off and I was able to get past the crash. But, once I turn it back on (either by settings or NC Settings), it crashes which makes me believe that something was either deleted through iCleaner or there is an app requesting for Location Service that is crashing the settings app.

Edit: i also tried installing the weather app on the ipad to get the widget in the Notification Center. It didnt work so I restored everything, could I have messed something up?

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I'm having the exact same issue. iPhone5 is fine iPad3 crashes. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing it but I came to the same assumptions as you. Have you come up with a solution? I plan to troubleshoot but if you have any answers it would be appreciated.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
FWIW, I did not reinstall iCleaner after my last restore and upgrade to 6.1.2. My phone was acting really wonky even if I used the standard innocuous settings. YMMV

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Forgot to mention that the settings screen for Location Services crashes on my iPad and I've never used or installed iCleaner. So I don't think it's iCleaner but I haven't found the cause. My best guess is it's a tweak leftover from ios 5 jb that is not compatible with ios 6 and is buried in a plist file. I'll try to hunt it down but may just restore as new and see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.