Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:39 AM   #51
ArcaneDevice
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
Better usage statistics and mouse support are all that seem necessary to add
If iOS 7 comes out with some totally new interface that isn't better than the old one, "don't fix something if it ain't broke", staying at iOS 6.
.. and the ability to store files in your own folders, and on that note any file you like. Most of the time I have to store video and documents in Dropbox.

The Video app is a crippled store front on iOS. It's called video yet I can't use it to play video and have to store those in Photos?

Same with documents. Even PDFs of business notes and documents have to be stored in iBooks. Moronic.

The settings app is a bloated unintuitive mess. The text cursor is imprecise and terrible to move (see the many user created alternatives that are better). Safari still fails to work with many Web sites that a regular desktop browser has no issue with, and I'm not talking Flash either. Newsstand store page has no search option (?!) ... and many other instances where it looks stale and static.

Every mobile OS offers dynamic content now yet I'm still looking at the perfect weather in California, the full date can only be seen by opening iCal (how hard would it be to add it to the top bar for consistency on each page, it's been in OSX for a decade!) and access to airplane mode, wifi etc needs to be toggled through the settings menu instead of directly from anywhere.

iOS was revolutionary when it was released 6 years ago but it's one area that Apple has left in 2007. It needs a lot of redesign and not just additional feature bloat and rebranding. They are just riding the brand name hardware wave as long as they can because people will buy it regardless of the UI design stagnation.
ArcaneDevice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:52 AM   #52
Szarky
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDevice View Post
iOS was revolutionary when it was released 6 years ago but it's one area that Apple has left in 2007. It needs a lot of redesign and not just additional feature bloat and rebranding. They are just riding the brand name hardware wave as long as they can because people will buy it regardless of the UI design stagnation.
Very true. A lot from a UI design perspective needs cleaning up. Let's makes these smartphones SMART.
Szarky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:03 AM   #53
moxxey
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
...or to ditch it completely for the upcoming Retina 11inch MBA.
What upcoming retina 11 Air?!

Universal agreement is that the MBP range will become fully retina by the end of this year, but the Air's are too small and light to get retina so quickly. Battery capacity for a laptop would have to be far greater than the iPad, which would make it much heavier (and not an Air).

I'd get an iPad now. You can always trade it to someone at later date. They hold their value fairly well.
moxxey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:44 AM   #54
superduperdom
macrumors member

I want one of those wafer thin 3D graphene nano never needs recharging, collapsible ipads please...ipad 15 ??. I've seen it, I want it. Everything else is old tech.
http://youtu.be/pzK5Lrnv7uM
superduperdom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:48 AM   #55
BruceEBonus
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to BruceEBonus
Things were so much simpler when Steve was alive - half the models - double the innovation ...

Curse you - New Apple!
BruceEBonus is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:06 AM   #56
TC03
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceEBonus View Post
Things were so much simpler when Steve was alive - half the models - double the innovation ...

Curse you - New Apple!
Bull. Steve was CEO for about 15 years. How many different iPods and different Macs have been released under his command? I can tell you, it's a lot.

Apple has never been a 'one size/model fits all company', they've always 'experimented' with different designs and form factors. Nothing new here.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szarky View Post
Very true. A lot from a UI design perspective needs cleaning up. Let's makes these smartphones SMART.
A lot of it doesn't. Cleaning up for the sake of cleaning up is never a good thing to do.

iOS is very simple and elegant yet powerful. One would be a fool to compromise this quality just because people are getting 'bored'.

Widgets, tiles, hubs, whatever: they're not better, they're different! I think the superior notification system of iOS combined with a static grid is the most powerful and elegant GUI one can imagine. Apple should be VERY cautious to make adjustments to this. Hundreds of millions people are using iPhones this way, you do not want to scare them away by making changes that aren't really better.

They do should not look into some issues (not sure which), but most of it it's fine. The GUI is fine. It looks beautiful, it works smoothly.
TC03 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:13 AM   #57
cflem
macrumors member

When - WHEN - iOS gets widgets it will work the exact same as dashboard in OSX... Right swipe to dashboard page... Now in iOS you could have the option to make the dashboard your homepage... Both OSX and iOS using the same widgets. That's how it will go down.
cflem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:51 AM   #58
x-evil-x
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflem View Post
When - WHEN - iOS gets widgets it will work the exact same as dashboard in OSX... Right swipe to dashboard page... Now in iOS you could have the option to make the dashboard your homepage... Both OSX and iOS using the same widgets. That's how it will go down.
why dont you just jailbreak your phone?

----------

and iwidgets are much better
x-evil-x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:46 AM   #59
NeuroArtist
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRUS View Post
I'd just love if they could let me do a conference call or at least let me answer my phone on my iPad and use it as a more powerful speakerphone.
That is why you will buy the iWatch...
NeuroArtist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:50 AM   #60
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000

Hope they make the screen a little bigger - say 10.1" and bring out a set of Apple branded cases so you can hold the iPad and iPad mini like a book. The leather Kindle cases from Amazon really enhance the user experience. Something similar from Apple would be nice rather than those stupid and clumsy magnetic cover things.
Shaun, UK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:09 AM   #61
kobyh15
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
Better usage statistics and mouse support are all that seem necessary to add
If iOS 7 comes out with some totally new interface that isn't better than the old one, "don't fix something if it ain't broke", staying at iOS 6.
I just want Apple to build off of notification center. I'd like to be able to access wifi and Bluetooth via notification center. Or just let me add what I want to notification center. And use the iPad's extra screen space and spread the notification across more of the screen. Siri can always get better as well. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.
kobyh15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:12 AM   #62
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxxey View Post
What upcoming retina 11 Air?!
There was a rumor on here that the 11 air is coming in the next revision and I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if they ended up merging the MBP and MBA lines soon. But yeah you're right, iPads do hold a great resale value so I'll prob end up getting the iPad 5 anyway to replace my iPad 3.
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:19 AM   #63
vazquez1085
macrumors member

I sold my 16gb wifi only with screen protector and two cases yest for $400.00 in anticipation for this next gen iPad 5..Im really hoping it drops sooner than later
vazquez1085 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 AM   #64
rovex
macrumors 65816

I'm not sure they have anything to lose with a March release people will still flock in there millions all the more $$$.
rovex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:38 AM   #65
getstuff4less
macrumors member

If you sold it in anticipation of a new iPad, why not wait until the media invites were sent out? You're going to be without iPad potentially for months.
getstuff4less is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:58 AM   #66
Kevin Do
macrumors newbie

I love this thin and light iPad, cause the ipad 4 is too heavy for me to read for along time
Kevin Do is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:06 AM   #67
horace528
macrumors regular

Apple really needs more security. How could every product be leaked?
I mean not just one product, but almost all their products are leaked.
Unless Apple is doing this on purpose, it is outrageous.
horace528 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:13 AM   #68
fingg
macrumors newbie

it confused me which ipad to get, ipad 5 or wait for ipad 6?
fingg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 AM   #69
HobeSoundDarryl
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingg View Post
it confused me which ipad to get, ipad 5 or wait for ipad 6?
Wait of course.

But I heard the iPad 7 is really something.

And someone just said the iPad 8 will be THE one.
HobeSoundDarryl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:11 PM   #70
Karma*Police
macrumors 6502

Can't wait for the thinner, lighter iPad and mini retina. I'll be selling my iPad 3 and N7 as soon as they're announced.
Karma*Police is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:28 PM   #71
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Apple really need to get professional help for the device anorexia
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:11 PM   #72
rMBP13
Banned

Bring it!!
rMBP13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:13 PM   #73
pear21
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyDuck View Post
So we are seeing components from their partners and it's not going to be released for another 8 months? That is way too long.
Rumors are that it will come out in June...
pear21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:07 PM   #74
wgnoyes
macrumors regular

Good. Another case mftr setting himself to be burned with the actual RTM is completely different from what the rumor mills said.
wgnoyes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:20 PM   #75
lucasfer899
macrumors 6502

Can't wait to see what Apple has in store for iPad 5, in any case, I'll be straight on that, and my mum can have her iPad 4 back ^.^
lucasfer899 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion