Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aamimitchi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Has this happened to anyone else? I was going to jailbreak my phone but ended up putting it in recovery mode (I need to learn to pay attention to directions more). iTunes then downloaded 3gs software and installed on my phone. It now has iOS6. Everything seems to be running fine and I have installed the new versions of apps with no problem.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Not possible. iPhone OS 6 will not work with a 3G. Why? iPhone OS 6 dropped all ARMv7 (I think this is the one) support. iPhone and iPhone 3G are the only ones with ARMv7 support.

In other words, iPhone OS 6 only has A6, A5, A4 and Cortex A8 support. In simple terms, it will not run.

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Has this happened to anyone else? I was going to jailbreak my phone but ended up putting it in recovery mode (I need to learn to pay attention to directions more). iTunes then downloaded 3gs software and installed on my phone. It now has iOS6. Everything seems to be running fine and I have installed the new versions of apps with no problem.

Sounds like you have a 3GS, OP, not a 3G. You even specified so in your description...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.