Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hkzombiie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Hello, I recently had a harddrive failure and I bought a new harddrive and now then I reinstalled windows because I mostly game and rarely use mac. I don't have a Lion CD so I can't get my drivers for windows from the bootcamp assistant. I can't find anything that has drivers online. I searched EVERYWHERE. Please help, thanks.

MacBook Pro (mid 2011)

Hkzombiie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
I did look there but I don't have the Mac side to open it. All I have is windows.
EDIT: I downloaded the the link you send me and followed the 7zip guide but when I run the ssetup.exe it doesn't do anything. And when I run the si64.exe it says failed to install drivers

Last edited:

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I can't recommend just installing Windows on a Mac, as you may be able to get Windows drivers for the hardware, but all firmware updates can only be installed from Apple from the OS X partition. You really need to wipe the hard disk and reinstall OS X then Bootcamp, even if you never plan to use OS X. You must have had an install disk or USB key when you bought the Mac, or if it is very recent model you should have access to OS X via Internet recovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.