Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:48 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple shares pop more than 9-percent

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple shares pop more than 9-percent

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:48 AM   #2
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

It's more like 4 or 5 per cent once the one-day dip after the quarterly call is ignored. It will take a few days for the freaks to settle down and the price to regain a vaguely normal pattern.
iMeowbot is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:02 AM   #3
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMeowbot
It's more like 4 or 5 per cent once the one-day dip after the quarterly call is ignored. It will take a few days for the freaks to settle down and the price to regain a vaguely normal pattern.
It went down about 10 % and up about 9 %.
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:11 AM   #4
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousozoku
It went down about 10 % and up about 9 %.
Last week it was hovering at about 51, and at close yesterday it was flirting with 54, so that's around 5%.
iMeowbot is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:13 AM   #5
Lacero
macrumors 601

This goes to show it's always a good idea to hold onto stocks for the long-term. Those who dumped their shares yesterday are kicking themselves now.
Lacero is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:23 AM   #6
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacero
This goes to show it's always a good idea to hold onto stocks for the long-term.
If it was only that easy. I've got a few stocks that will never come back to where they were only five years ago. After that experience, nobody can tell me buy and hold is always a good investment strategy. In fact if I'd really been smart (or lucky at least) I'd have sold all my AAPL in mid-2000 and bought it back when it was in the dumper for the next three years at $0.20 on the dollar.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 02:01 AM   #7
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Quote:
This goes to show it's always a good idea to hold onto stocks for the long-term. Those who dumped their shares yesterday are kicking themselves now.
Or they sold early in the dip and bought up even more shares before they started climbing back up
iMeowbot is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 02:05 AM   #8
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
However, they could have sold high at the start of the decline and bought low after it was all finished.

Okay, iMeowbot...you got there first. GMTA.
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:44 AM   #9
TwitchOSX
macrumors 6502

Geez....

When Apple stock was at $13.00 / share about 4 years ago, I was telling everybody to buy.. but nobody listens to me. I keep telling my boss to buy Apple stock now as part of her Investment club but she doesnt do it.. even though I keep saying "guess what Apple did today?" and the stock keeps going up. Its back up around $54 now.. with still a decent amount of trading going on so.. who knows ..
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:20 PM   #10
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousozoku
However, they could have sold high at the start of the decline and bought low after it was all finished.

Okay, iMeowbot...you got there first. GMTA.
Second, actually.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:49 PM   #11
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Did someone say something?
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Oct 14, 2005, 04:49 PM   #12
solvs
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwitchOSX
Its back up around $54 now.. with still a decent amount of trading going on so.. who knows ..
And that's actually after the split. No one listened to me either. "I'm telling you, this iPod thing is going to be huge. And there's rumors of an iTunes Music Store". Serves 'em right, Mac bashers.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion