Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
hi, there is something that bugs me in Xcode. i'm creating an app which uses UiNavigationController however i don't want the navigation bar to appear in the initial window when the app is first loaded. i tried clicking on the Navigation Controller (the one before the root view controller) and in the inspector i chose "none" in the top bar drop down menu (in the attributes inspector). the navigation bar disappears. then i added a custom navigation bar from the library to the view that i actually want the bar to appearing, in order to go back (you can think of it ad the detailed view). however when i run the app the back button doesn't appear although i changed it's title from the inspector and the navigation bar with the title only appears. i feel like i'm changing the back button of the original navigation bar and not the new one. does anyone know how to solve this problem? is there a way to use a navigation bar in like second level or third level view of a navigation controller without letting it appear in the root view controller? thank you! P.S: if you want a visual explanation of my case just create a new project in Xcode with a master-detail template.

iJustinCabral

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2012
Try have more white space between your questions next time. You make your intrigue hard to read, and confusing.

Code:
- (void)viewWillAppear: (BOOL)animated
{
    [self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:YES animated:animated];
    [super viewWillAppear:animated];
}

- (void)viewWillDisappear: (BOOL)animated
{
    [self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:NO animated:animated];
    [super viewWillDisappear:animated];
}

this should work

Last edited by a moderator:

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Try have more white space between your questions next time. You make your intrigue hard to read, and confusing.

Code:
- (void)viewWillAppear: (BOOL)animated
{
    [self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:YES animated:animated];
    [super viewWillAppear:animated];
}

- (void)viewWillDisappear: (BOOL)animated
{
    [self.navigationController setNavigationBarHidden:NO animated:animated];
    [super viewWillDisappear:animated];
}

this should work

Thank you so much, yes it did work! and sorry for making it difficult to read my post. have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.