Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:14 PM   #1
cpuin
macrumors member

Skype old version or alternative

Hi,

i guess that some of you like me dislike the new Skype interface which takes almost half of the screen.On my MacBook Air i have used old version which stays in the right sight of the desktop.Few days ago i have switched to new MacBook Pro 13 Retina and i noticed that the old Skype version works with weird artefacts - icons and pictures of the app appear twice bigger and is real mess.So i have to use the new one.My question is is there some alternative IMO client which support Skype (but don't requires Skype to work in background)?I'm talking about app not web apps like imo.im

Thanks in advance
cpuin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Gugulino
macrumors member

I don't think that you could use another client than Skype for the Skype network. If Skype would use SIP you had many options.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store