Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taptic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
California
Hi,

Which one do you guys trust more and have you ever had problems with either? DirectFix, or PhoneDoctors? I am looking to buy new iPhone and iPod touch screens.

:apple:

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
Hi,

Which one do you guys trust more and have you ever had problems with either? DirectFix, or PhoneDoctors? I am looking to buy new iPhone and iPod touch screens.

:apple:

Sent ya a pm. If you are stuck on going with one of those companies, DirectFix has been around for about a decade. When it comes to quality, its a toss-up between the two.

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
Some times it works .Doing your own repairs is not advisable and you'd do so at your own risk.

Doing your own repairs is not advisable? I could not disagree more. More people need to DIY repairs, instead of paying an arm and leg to get the repair done by Apple or a third party cell phone store.

Did you know that in 2010, 3.5 million tons of used or dead electronics were thrown out? That's a lot of electronics by any standard. I am a firm believer that if you know your device inside and out, and are educated about your device, then you are a true owner of that device.

Repair something that you own that is either broken or dead, and see how much pride you have when you are done :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.