Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1
MattyDlotus
macrumors newbie

Multiple App Problems

Im having issues with several apps. iTunes won't launch at all (11.0.2), the dock icon appears but thats it, and I have to force quit it.
Pages and Numbers won't quit (have to force quit), and when inserting media from iPhoto into Pages I just get the spinning ball as soon as I hit the media button. Then I have to force quit Pages. iPhoto also needs to be force quit.

When I try to restart the computer it goes to the grey screen then freezes. I have to force shut down using the power button.

I have verified the disk permissions and all are ok, also verified the disk which is ok.

Im thinking the best thing to do is to do a clean instal of Mountain Lion??

Question is, how do I restore all my data and apps and settings etc, without restoring the problems I'm having. Im currently using time machine to back up, but not sure if restoring this way will just re introduce the problems I'm having.

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion