Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1
tiredof
macrumors newbie

How to use my name in Messages

I have a macbook pro and I am using my apple id with it. The question I have is can I change the display name on messages so they see my name and not my email? My email does not indicate who I am.
tiredof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2
thewitt
macrumors 68000

What they see when they receive an iMessage from you is what they have in their contacts app for you. You cannot force them to see something else. If they have no entry for you, they see either your email or number, whichever you have chosen to use.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion