Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I have a bunch of lossless music in my home library. It lives in the Match cloud as 256 AACs.

I'm now buying a little DAC and some decent headphones for work and would like to listen to my lossless stuff at the office, which is also connected to Match.

Is there some relatively easy way to copy my lossless files to my work computer without iTunes duplicating everything in the cloud?

I'd prefer not to have to make a new separate library, as I'd like seamless access to my non-lossless cloud files at work too. Ideally, I would just copy the lossless files to my work computer and tell iTunes to ignore them for Match purposes, since they're already in the cloud.

This also begs another question. What if I make a smart playlist at home, where the file type is ALAC? Will I see that playlist on another computer that has no local ALAC files?

EDIT. Just answered that last question. My ipad shows the lossless playlist, but it's empty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.