Where can I re-download Office for Mac 2011? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:19 AM   #1
RossMacca
macrumors member

Where can I re-download Office for Mac 2011?

I bought Office for Mac 2011 a couple of years ago for my old MacBook. About a year and a half ago I got a MacBook Air and so to get Office on it, I downloaded the trial, and activated it with the product key from my disk. All was well.

Recently, my Office installation has been playing up (Math-type is impossible to remove) so I uninstalled it. Now, when I go to the MS website (which is, by the way, awful, so many broken links) I am told that if you have no optical drive, like me, to either download and activate the trial (as I did in the past) or enter your product key and they will provide you with the relevant download link. So I enter my key and get told I am not eligible for download. Fine - not sure why, but ok. So, as they said, I'll download the trial.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me find the trial download? Can someone help me out here? I have a legit key, and it's proving so difficult to get the software on my Mac. Pirating would have been easier...
RossMacca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:30 AM   #2
James Craner
macrumors 68000

Unfortunately it looks like Microsoft have removed the trial from their website. I had a link to the trial in one of my articles, but following the link now just takes you to the download store. I would try to contact Microsoft directly and explain the situation.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:34 AM   #3
colshine
macrumors regular

Have you tried to download it from MacUpdate?

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/788...ft-office-2011
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:04 AM   #4
hallux
macrumors 6502a

Could also try this link direct from Microsoft.

http://azcdn01.digitalrivercontent.n.../X18-08827.dmg

This link is from the email I received when I bought a Home Use Program license for my Mac, it did not require login.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:54 PM   #5
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Thanks for these links, I have a similar problem. My work purchased office a few years ago but have long since lost the Disc but we have the license key. We had made an ISO image of the disc but it is corrupted. Last week we purchased me a new MBP and when I was setting it up is when I found out the ISO was corrupted. We had been looking for the disc but this should help.

Thanks!
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Nermal

The official download is here. You'll need your Product Key.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store